Will I have to withdraw from caffeine?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They tried to restrict Joe to decaf as well. He couldn't tolerate that. But I understand why, he had chronic afib. He always drank regular coffee at home.

Coming to this discussion late and tossing a wrench into it.

My cardio is absolutely against me consuming coffee. I found this out when I was readmitted for some post-op A-fib/A-flutter and he walked into my room and busted me drinking a really delicious cup of vending-machine-brewed coffee that my husband had found for me down the hall -- of the cardiac wing :rolleyes2: I tried to obey my nice cardio but haven't done so well.

Oh, and one cold glass of iced tea bothers me worse than one nice hot cup of coffee. Something about the nerve that runs down next to the esophagus which can contribute to arrhythmias -- and I'm probably not explaining that very well but it seems to be some kind of trigger for me.

I think you are suggesting the vagus nerve..... Caffeine and I don't play well together. :)

"... really delicious cup of vending-machine-brewed coffee ..."
Impossible :eek2: :biggrin2:

Sounds pretty far-fetched, doesn't it! I don't know if I was just rabid for coffee -- and anything close to it tasted wonderful to me -- or if it really was special. I remember I was finishing my second cup, trying to figure out how to get my husband to cheerfully trot down the hall for a third one, when the cardio popped in my hospital room and gave me the big lecture :eek2: I'm sure I had the "deer in the headlights look," with my coffee breath and "empties" lining up on the rolling table next to me :biggrin2:

i am still not able to drink coffee. i am not even interested in it. however i am hating diet 7up again. so i have been drinking lemon flavored propel water!

I'm on diet root beer (very little caffeine I think), diet creme soda (some caffeine but doesn't bother me - and is a good break from total caffeine free) and freska. Variety is the spice of life I guess, lol. I used to be on Pepsi Max, and nothing but Pepsi Max, day after day (several per day). My how the mighty have fallen ;)

Latest posts

Back