Not doing surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is he allowed to stay?
probably one of these things
  • for a long time there was no moderation here, we just spoke to each other as adults and that may or may not have been taken well by the listener
  • I myself don't see reasons to throw him off (when ridicule is sufficient) I know he blocks me; but my comments of ridicule are not to him, they are to casual readers and short term readers (dipping a toe in) who may think "oh my, I should help this guy" (rather than give him the kick on the arse he needs)
  • now that we have moderation here I see that they don't feel the need to even tap him on the shoulder (perhaps because nobody has complained)?
Best Wishes

I'm careful about how I react to this guy - just in case, some day, he may act on his stuff.

I was tempted to say - go ahead and do it - but I have concerns that he might (although I think, as many of us who've been reading this crap for a few years now, have no expectations that he would).

Maybe when he stops getting sympathetic ego boosts from us here, he'll find somewhere else to try this with.

(And, as far as I know, he's living in his mother's basement, with two cats and an iguana)

Last edited:
just in case, some day, he may act on his stuff.
we all do what we need to do ... if he wants to end his life that's his choice. However if
  • he's just seeking attention he should go away
  • he needs counselling he should get it
either way I don't believe that he's a suicide risk (lacks the commitment)

I am so sorry that you feel so hopeless about the possibility of getting any enjoyment out of life, but understand that more than 60 years of being depressed seems like enough to know. I think it is important to explore all options so when you make a final decision you will have shown yourself the compassion of having learned and tried all you can.

I am not depressed always, but do also have concerns about going through heart valve replacement either through TAVR or open heart. If I am one of the people who ends up with a disabling stroke, to me it would be the worst way to have my life end up if unable to live independently and in control at home of my life. I am a very private and sensitive person and would rather die than be in a nursing home with no control over anything that happens to me. For this reason, I do consider the option to avoid valve replacement and you are the first other person I have heard utter these words.

In terms of a painful death from heart failure, if you are in a US state that does have legal medical aid in dying, once declared terminal, you can get legal access to the drugs to choose die peacefully after assessment by doctors that you are not having the decision on depression. Or can have hospice with comfort meds.

I am going to explore legal options for ensuring I am not put in nursing home to deal with my concerns first. Would prefer to have life saving TAVR if can be sure will not lose ability to get home.

Wishing you the best as you move through your journey.
I never heard that there's a way to help the state terminated so it's possible for aortic valve disease you can be euthanized?

We don't have any control over the hand that we're dealt, but we can choose to make the most of our situation and live life to the fullest.

Most of us here were arguably dealt a worse hand than most people. But, imagine the hand dealt to Australian Nick Vujicic, born with no arms and no legs. Despite that, he has chosen to accept what he can not change, be positive and make the most out of life, even though his life has many severe limitations. He now gives motivational speeches to others. I met Nick at one of his talks about 7 years ago- he is truly remarkable. He has a powerful message.

We can feel sorry for ourselves or decide to do the best we can with the hand we were dealt. The choice is ours.

I know of him but still that has nothing to do with clinical depression

Yeah, parents die. We ALL die. He is a troll. Why is he allowed to stay? He adds nothing productive to the forum. He needs to find a help me commit suicide forum since he has decided he isn't getting surgery and just wants to complain. At some point you must choose to not be a victim of life and move forward...
Not a troll you stupid jackass I'm worried about my depression getting worse after heart surgery.

Not a troll you stupid jackass I'm worried about my depression getting worse after heart surgery.
did you mean to reply to yourself again?

1729469056445.png

@newarrior - wouldn’t you be better served by participating on the various depression forums? This is not a joke. I’m dead serious. Get your mind straight first. Then you’ll be able to think straight with regard to valve replacement. You’re just wasting your time here when you could be moving forward with help from the depression forums. Lots of success stories there. Once you find the right combination of meds you’ll be happy and productive.

Latest posts

Back