High Volume Endurance Training and Tissue/Mechanical Valves...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a ton of great information on the site regarding mechanical and tissue valves and valve selection but I haven't found anything regarding 'higher' volume endurance training and tissue valves (or mechanical valves for that matter, but I'm pretty sure an extra few million beats aren't going to do much to carbon fiber)...

Does anyone know of anyone doing a moderate to high volume of endurance training (more than 10-15 hrs/week with their HR at or above 70-80% HR max)?

Physics usually works ;) So one would think it would increase the wear and tear on the valve and decrease the valve's 'lifespan'.
I haven't seen or heard of any people doing that sort of training. I'd love to hear about any cases.

Thanks so much for the time.

Last edited:
hi Philos
There are a couple of people here who work out and are into heart rate zone training.
I get in a 90 minute daily workout 6 days a week. Heart rate 70-80%. I have a tissue valve. Nearing my second anniversary in Febuary.(or is it the third) no tissue issues so far.

hi Philos
There are a couple of people here who work out and are into heart rate zone training.
I get in a 90 minute daily workout 6 days a week. Heart rate 70-80%. I have a tissue valve. Nearing my second anniversary in Febuary.(or is it the third) no tissue issues so far.
Thank so much for the response D333gs. I really appreciate all the information I can get!

There is a ton of great information on the site regarding mechanical and tissue valves and valve selection but I haven't found anything regarding 'higher' volume endurance training and tissue valves (or mechanical valves for that matter, but I'm pretty sure an extra few million beats aren't going to do much to carbon fiber)...

Does anyone know of anyone doing a moderate to high volume of endurance training (more than 10-15 hrs/week with their HR at or above 70-80% HR max)?

Physics usually works ;) So one would think it would increase the wear and tear on the valve and decrease the valve's 'lifespan'.
I haven't seen or heard of any people doing that sort of training. I'd love to hear about any cases.

Thanks so much for the time.
OK, I see you just joined. Did you get OHS yet?

Back