What Browser Do You Use?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Browser Do You Use?

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 24 75.0%
  • Netscape Navigator

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Firefox

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Opera

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other-please post what you use!

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ross

Want to take a sample of what browsers most of you use the most. I'm sure some use more then one, but i want to know which one is your preferred. It's more informative for us and may help clear up some problems with the board.

The only problem I am still having is slow (like craawwwlllllliinnngggg) loading pages. Although I usually use Netscape Navigator, the loading problem still happens if I use Internet Explorer.

I use internet explorer, sometimes the bb dosent come up..I just keep trying..:eek:

I use Internet Explorer. I agree with everyone else. Everything sure takes a long time to load. It's so slow!

Safari

Safari

I use Safari, and I think the Board loads very quickly, even on our dial up ISP. When I don't use Safari I use Firefox. My son is an IT professional for the University of Minnesota, and has told me (and I have read in other places) that running Internet Explorer on a PC increases your exposure to viruses.

I think I use MSN, but don't shoot me if I'm wrong. The computer came with Internet Explorer but I never use it unless I want to cause a world of trouble for myself.

wow....now you got me......I just open AOL and go to the web site.....does this mean I use Internet Explorer? would like to know myself!!!

I use Safari and haven't noticed any problems. Maybe this is one of the few times that having a Mac doesn't interfere with my viewing certain pages... (I wish it didn't cause problems with my online classes sometimes!)

Dennis S said:
I use Safari, and I think the Board loads very quickly, even on our dial up ISP. When I don't use Safari I use Firefox. My son is an IT professional for the University of Minnesota, and has told me (and I have read in other places) that running Internet Explorer on a PC increases your exposure to viruses.
Dennis it's one of those deals where Firefox is sort of the new guy on the block and hasn't received the exposure and exploitation that the old guy, Internet Explorer has. Firefox is just as full of holes as IE. They're finding more everyday. I'm not knocking Firefox, in fact I like it, it's faster then IE, but it is no more secure then IE.

hensylee said:
that's a really pretty pie chart, Ross. Colorful, round, readable. Wonder what it all means. Anybody know?
It means the only way to be safe on a computer is to never plug into the internet!

Hey Ross,
I use IE on my main computer and I have been trying Firefox on my old one to see what it is like. I don't see much difference with VR on both.
Take Care

I voted IE...

But, as of late, I've looked at vr.com through AOL because, for whatever reason, suddenly AOL has become "quicker" viewing pages ... still rather slow, but quicker, whereas just a few weeks ago, IE was much faster.

*shrugs*

As long as I can still see/read the pages ;).

Maybe it's time to get out of dialup...he he he.

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
chdQB = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/quilt.html
"We missed a page or 2 somehow" ... Suzy Boggus ... 'Cinderella'

I'm well and truly hooked on FireFox. Dallied a while with one of the shells built around IE - AvantBrowser, but FireFox trounces them. Loads of great extensions, one I use often is "sessionsaver" which gives the option of saving that browsing session and reloading all the open tabs when restarted. Great when some work's not quite finished.
And now my trusty bookmark manager "PowerMarks" has a FireFox toolbar, I'm a really happy camper.
Tabs, I hear you IE folks say, what are they...?:p
Once you've got used to tabs and RSS live bookmarks etc, there's absolutely no going back. I only ever use IE for the (very) occasional site that barfs at FF, and to use Windoze Update.
And FF is almost infinitely customisable, but them I'm an inveterate tinkerer...:rolleyes:

I use Safari, Opera and Occasionally Firefox

I use Safari, Opera and Occasionally Firefox

I am comparing the three to see which one I like the best, as sometimes when I am using Safari, after a while it starts to not want to load the pages for a really long time....Harrybaby:D :D :D :D

Microsoft Internet Explorer

Microsoft Internet Explorer

Hi Ross, that's the one we use here. What's the difference between them anyway? I didn't even know what a browser was until I asked Robert a few minutes ago!! LOL!!
Débora

Latest posts

Back