What Browser Do You Use?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Browser Do You Use?

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 24 75.0%
  • Netscape Navigator

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Firefox

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Opera

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other-please post what you use!

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
deboraginastewart said:
Hi Ross, that's the one we use here. What's the difference between them anyway? I didn't even know what a browser was until I asked Robert a few minutes ago!! LOL!!
Débora
Debora it's one of those things where you have to try different ones to see what you like best. By far, Internet Explorer is the most popular, which also makes it the most exploited. All of them have their problems, non are secure, but some have fancy frills over the others etc.

There are a ton of them here to be had to try if you'd like. Alot of these, I've never heard of myself.

http://browsers.evolt.org/

I have always used IE... computer will be age 4 this Xmas...Keeps on tickin like me:p I just noticed I have a slight delaywhen I hit reply to a post..maybe 10 seconds?..Bonnie

safari and aol

safari and aol

hi ross!
i prefer to use safari because i find aol can be a bit of a headache and slower at times...
unfortunately, lately my computer has been horrible... i installed tiger and it has slowed my entire computer down to a snail's pace.. i've read that i should do a clean install, etc, etc, but haven't gotten around to it yet...
like safari though.
it's good to be back.
hope you 're doing well...
sylvia

Ross,

I "voted" IE but I also use FF and Netscape Navigator. IE is used the most because it is the only one I have on the wife's laptop, which I'm using right now. I have found if I'm experiencing problems with IE I can dump out and come back with FF and avoid the problems. I've just about stopped using Netscape Navigator since they went to version 8.0. With my snail mail land line hook-up the download was almost too big. I had to try several times before I got it installed and when I started having trouble with it Netscape indicated I needed to download an "UPDATE" which I never got downloaded.

While we are on the subject, other day I had a strange experience (other than reading Mary's posts--sorry couldn't resist:D :D ). I typed a reply to a thread and when I went to "preview" I got a screen saying I needed to be logged in to use that feature. I used the "back" arrow and the "reply to thread" page said I was logged in as gadgetman. Duh!!! I tried again and got the same "you can't do that" message. I came back in through FF and had no further problems. Of course, I had to retype the reply.

I've also had some SLOOOOOOOW days lately where it has taken 10 to 15 seconds (or more) for a page to come up. I even get the "ain't there" message sometimes.

Seems to be working OK right now (KNOCK ON PLASTIC).

May God Bless,

Danny

I use microsoft internet explorer, for no other reason other than it came preloaded on my computer. :confused:

Latest posts

Back