update on Kevin

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mornin, Child - just thinking of you and your situation. Hope you are getting used to things. Sounds like Kevin is on a roller coaster, doesn't it? Hope your weekend is a good one. Love to you and the babies. Hensylee

Hey Joy

One week down and 5 to go.....congratulations! Quick question, just what does Kevin do? Not being in the military "KNOW," I know you said he was an E5, but what is his job? I do hope for your sake that he gets Homeland Security, it sure beats some deserted island somewhere......

Anyway, glad you're doing ok, and just wanted to let you know we're thinking of you.

Evelyn

Hi Evelyn, Johnny, and Hensylee, Kevin is an MA(master at arms), which in civilian terms is cop. They really need the homeland security teams to be stationed in places like Seattle, and NY, and any other big city. It wasn't very long ago, that they couldn't have the fireworks display(or anyone come to them) because of a terrorist threat. We really need to get our country rolling with these. I think the thing that bothers me most about Bush's way of "taking care of business", is how are we going to fight two wars at once AND keep our country safe? There are only so many military people. I just fear that he is going to spread us out too thin and render us helpless in a BIG terrorist attack...even worst than 9/11.

Personally I really don't care where Kevin gets stationed, as long as he won't be taken away from me. I would like it if he got stationed either up here in the puget sound, or in San Diego. We can't go over seas until I go down in category in my exceptional family member program. That just tells the detailer where he can be stationed since I have the heart disease. I am working on being dropped down to a category 1-2, so we can go places like guam, or naples, Italy. I really want to travel places. Well, now that I have said my peace...I better get going. I am going to take the kids the fire house, they get to tour the fire house and the fire men are going to show them around the fire trucks. Boy...are they excited! Take care

Hi Joy

How was the firehouse? I'm sure the kids loved it!!! It's 6:35 in the east, so I know you guys are still sleeping out there. It's funny, we almost drove cross country this summer to the springer spaniel National, which was held in Olympia WA, but with Tyce's heart, plus it's one heck of a long way, we opted to wait a year and go to next year's which is in St. Louis, MO.

We go back to school after Labor Day.....actually, I should correct myself, THEY go back to school after Labor Day. This is my first year in 34 that I won't be there. We're going to Maine on vacation to celebrate my first retired year.....My first retired day was the day Tyce had surgery, so most of the summer was a blur, but we've decided to do something special every week after Labor day to celebrate. Of course, all this week we'll be getting the fifth wheel ready to go.....that's today's project....wax the outside if it doesn't rain, and if it does, it's the inside cleaning.

Have a great day, Joy. You sound so very much better.....and kiss those kiddies for me! My cousin and her husband are my only family left and they just found out that her son and his wife are having a baby in April, so it will be their first grandbaby. Needless to say, we're all thrilled!!!!

Evelyn

Hi Evelyn! I must say that the fire house was pretty cool! Ian ran into the firehouse, and when he saw the huge engine, he stopped dead in his tracks and said, "WOW!" It was cute. They showed him everything, and then they showed him the hazmat truck. Ian was impressed, and I think he enjoyed it very much! He got to sit in the back seat, he went into the place behind the driver's seat, and he had so much fun running around it!

I think Kevin misses me. Yesterday, he had all day long to go out, he could have taken the bus or something, he could have gone to the beach, but he stayed cooped up in his room and did laundry. I feel bad, because he's never been there before, but he didn't feel like going anywhere, he just sat in his room bored all day long. Poor thing! TOmorrow, I am going to the pool, I think I might have dropped my keys there a week and a half ago, and I need to find them. SO I will go there in the morning. Maine sounds fun...doesn't time just fly? It seems like this sumer just went by in the blink of an eye! Well, I better put Ian back in his room. Good night!

Joy:

Are you on Whidby????? My daughter left there with her husband, about a year ago, when they returned from cruise.
He is a navigation flight officer for the AE6 Prowler. He is now teaching at Cornell University.

Wouldn't it be amazing. Let me know!

Marybeth

actually, My husband was stationed at Navcomtelsta, puget sound. From there he went to PSD Bangor, where he made ID cards. THat was humanitarian duty since we found out I have heart disease. HE was supposed to end up on a usns stationed in Singapore, but the doctors said, "NO WAY" so he stayed home. I am hoping that it happens that he doesn't have to go. He was an IT, but is cross rating to be an MA. He didn't like being an IT, because he never felt like he had a purpose other than to push buttons. Everything is computerizednow, so he wanted a job that he felt like he wasn't sitting watching a computer do his work all day. WE live on NavalSubbase Bangor. It's across the puget sound from Whidbey. I would actually love to go there, but I haven't been able to yet. Maybe when Kevin gets back from school, we can visit there. Only 5 weeks left, and still no word on his follow on orders. Might be a good sign!

Back