Surgery this week and still Terrified

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'm due for surgery to have my valve replaced via the bentalls procedure in 4 days 9th August 2024 and seems like the best solution on valve decision is the bovine valve and hopefully it will last 15 or more year because of my age 67 although there is great support out there from this site I'm still terrified regarding the operation has anyone got any last minute ideas that may help me relax in some way prior to the procedure and what concerns me more is that they want me to be admitted to the hospital Tuesday 6th August so they can do tests, hope to hear back from anyone who may be able to help me thanks
No need to worry geff. There is a low mortality rate associated with the Bentall procedure. The early mortality rate in the study by Gelsomino et al (21) was only 5.5% and Benke et al (22) reported a mortality rate of 3.4%. Yakut (23) performed aortic root replacement in 80 patients using a flanged composite graft.Jan 10, 2023

thank you very much luckily for me the procedure is now over and done with and I'm on my way to a good and healthy recovery again thank you very much and to all who helped me throughout the ordeal
There we go, just like that you are already done, Geff :) Congratulations.
Being anxious is quite normal heading into this procedure. Now, enjoy the feeling the other way around :)
Thanks for getting back to us.

PS: Which valve did you get?

Hi Geoff, I understand the anxiety. I am in the middle of finding the right surgeon to replace my bicuspid valve. However, my approach is that at 72 years old, the moment they finish the surgery I will be reborn and given a new life, but with all the knowledge from my previous one. It is exciting for me to imagine what I will gain, conquering and repairing my flawed heart. I will be a warrior in recovery. I will be thankful for the added years to experience all the beauty of my existence. And I will cherish each day I have with my beautiful family, friends and community. I am so thankful for this amazing gift. Just keep repeating, everything is going to be alright!
Hello, I am in South Jersey and see you are just across in PA. Have you had success finding a surgeon?

Hi Carol, yes I did find a wonderful doctor and surgical team and my surgery will be Sept 18 if I can get over my seasonal asthma that has been a problem. If I have to postpone it’s fine, I know things will happen at the best point in time. Are you looking for a surgeon? I met with two very different surgeons and chose the most detailed, meticulous one.

Latest posts

Back