Surgery on Wednesday 7th August

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tori 34

So finally I qualify for this forum! I'm not a regular poster here, but have been checking in regularly over the past 3 months since I found out surgery was imminent. I'm very glad to have read about other people's experiences, and hope to provide an update after the operation so that other people might feel reassured, as I have been, by someone else's account of the recovery process.

I will be admitted to the Royal Brompton in London tomorrow, and will receive a tissue valve to replace by BAV on Wednesday. Nerves have started to kick in for the first time, but I feel very lucky to be going to such a great hospital with a very experienced surgeon.

Best wishes to you all!

Tori, I am going in for mine tomorrow in California, but given the time difference, we may be simultaneous!! I'm definitely feeling the nerves, too -- or, more accurately, the dread about feeling really, really crappy for the next few days. I can't say I'll be thinking about you, because I'll be kinda busy, but I look forward to swapping war stories in the post-op forums later this week!!

Good luck, Tori and Heather Anne! I had my surgery 5 months ago & I don't feel like I had any type of surgery at all, let alone open heart! This will all be behind you before you know it. :)

Good luck to both of you. Just getting done is the hardest part. We look forward to trading stories with you after you are on the other side of the mountain. I am 10 weeks post op for AVR. Pre surgery was the worst part. Recovery is great and I am like Leah, what surgery besides the Coumadin which is a non issue!

AVR - On-x 21mm, May 23, 2013, Seattle, WA.

Good luck today Heather Anne. I will be thinking of you and look forward to comparing notes about our recovery!

Thanks everyone for your good wishes, it is very much appreciated.

Tori, by now you'll be done...congrats on getting fixed! Hope to see you posting in the post surgery forum soon!

I know the pre-surgery jitters because I paced the hospital corridors the night before surgery. I found out what a caring group of people belong to this forum. I look forward to your update. Clawie1 aka Nita

July 21, 2013, Minimally invasive Aortic Valve Replacement, 21 mm St. Jude porcine valve, septal myomectomy, Age 73. Keck Hospital at USC, Los Angeles, Ca. Dr. Cunningham, Surgeon

Tori, I am going in for mine tomorrow in California, but given the time difference, we may be simultaneous!! I'm definitely feeling the nerves, too -- or, more accurately, the dread about feeling really, really crappy for the next few days. I can't say I'll be thinking about you, because I'll be kinda busy, but I look forward to swapping war stories in the post-op forums later this week!![/QUOTE]

You will feel so relieved once it's over and yes, we have gone through the worst part. Now we need to focus on getting putting the pieces back together. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Clawie1 aka Nita

Back