Question From Chris & Update

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Christina, I hope you are out of ICU soon. It's hard to rest because of that darn noise. Just remember. This is the safest place for you to be. Based on what we've heard so far, it sounds like they moved you in there as a precaution.

I know you will get out of there soon. Then you will be able to continue on your recovery and maybe get a little sleep.

It's a good sign that you got a bit irrate at having to go back into ICU. It's that fight that will get you back on track!

We are all glad everything went so well for you. This is just a little blip. Once you get out of the hospital, everything will feel a lot better.

Keep strong and sleep well and we'll talk to you when you're back.
Kev

Pacemaker wires are put in almost all mitral and tricuspid valve patients and many aortic valve and CABG patients. Some hospitals remove them earlier and some later. Sometimes it is just a matter of the surgeon/resident/PA remembering to take them out!

But they're there for a reason and occasionally they are needed because a patient has some edema or swelling around the heart's electrical system or sometimes a medication affects the electrical system. Many times this resolves by itself as the swelling goes down. Sometimes it resolves when certain medicines are stopped (particularly beta blockers, digoxin, and antiarrhytmic medicines). And sometimes it doesn't resolve and the patient needs a pacemaker. This is uncommon after MVR (but a little more common after tricuspid valve repair). My experience has been that having a pacemaker rarely affects a patient's quality of life.

Any way, best of luck, I hope you get out of ICU quickly and get back on the road to a full recovery!

Hi Chris,

Sorry to hear that you have had to deal with this. I know that all will be looking up fot you, and that you will be out of ICU soon. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Looking forward to seeing your first email.

Carla

Hi Chris

Hi Chris

I had my wires out on schedule....however. I did have some 'electrical' problems post op, but not until 3 weeks post op.
As everyone is saying...every heart and body reacts differently.

Hang in there and stay positive.

In my prayers,

Ben

Chris & Wayne,

Sorry to hear of your setback. Keep your chin up and take comfort in knowing that not all recoveries go perfectly. Remember, you are young and this will work in your favor.

Hang in there,

Bob

Christina - Congratulations for getting through the surgery. I guess you are hitting one of those smaller problems after a successful surgery. My pacer was attached for about a week after surgery (in the hospital in Cle for 10 days). One reason was the afib and the other was they had difficulty getting my heart restarted. But here I am doing fine. I hope you are as lucky. I wouldn't go overboard with worry, you need to give you body a chance to get better.

Hi Chris

Hi Chris

Hope to hear from your hubby Wayne again..soon..saying that you are back in a private room, walking, eating and oogling the good-looking doctors.:D :D Discharged from hospital soon..a few days in motel and fly home to Co...Sure it will happen.:) :) :) Bonnie

Chris - I've been busy and missed all of the excitement. According to what i hear, you are doing better and also a little calmer. What you have been through is a pretty good shock to the body, so don't be surpised with the ups and downs. We are all delighted to hear that you are doing better, and hope to see your posts in the very near future. The Indiana Chris

Chris and Wayne,

My positive thoughts and prayers are with you both. Please be well soon!

Peace,

I just called the hotel and they are no longer there, so they must be on their way back home. I was hoping to talk to them before they left, but I guess it wasn't in the cards.

You better let me know you got home alright! :)

Hey Rossman -

When I called yesterday, they had been xfered from the Suites hotel to the Conference center - the power went out at the Suites hotel, so they accomodated them by letting them go to the other hotel (which had power). I was able to call the Suites hotel and have them transfer me over to Waynes room at the Conference center.

Last info I had, they were going to try to botanical gardens today and take off tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon. Chris was sounding stronger and in better spirits.

Melissa

YEA Chris it's over.
Sorry to hear about your set back - sounds like your really kicking now.
Take care and most of all take it easy.

Susan Allen

Latest posts

Back