My Mission This Week/Adopt a Shelter Pet

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drop off's

Drop off's

Occurred regular for 25 years when we had a farm..Took them all to be neutered..Found my oldest Cat K.C. Kitty Kat in the back of a pickup truck..temp 103 degrees. Tiny little thing..Took her down to the Houseboat (Lived there for 10 months while we built a home on the lake) She never touched dirt in 10 months. Ran up and down the dock, climbed ladders to top of houseboats..Everyone loved her. That is why she loves the motorhome. Grew up with noise from boats cranking up..She has traveled the U.S. with us..My youngest, Rufus aka as my extra Tenderlett for Protime.:eek: Hands look like a Briar patch..was discovered under a bush eat up with fleas. Now fat as a cat:D Xmas tree only has decorations from half way up..rest on floor.Yes, Ram, when my Shitzu died 2 years ago we cried for 3 days..but along came Kallie, our Papillon, from our daughter..and we are like proud parents again.I admire anyone who can go to a shelter. I couldn't..Would bring them all home with me..:) Bonnie I think today I will buy a large bag of cat food and take by local shelter.

Hi All

Mamsram.....I agree with you about the lifespan is way too short. I truly believe that God gave them so much love inside to give to us that they use it all up alot faster than we as mortals do and that's why they die so soon. The one boy you see me with is one of my 10 year olds.....I hope we have the two of them around for at least another 4-5 years. Losing one is the most difficult thng to do, but I also think the biggest honor you can pay to a dog you've lost is to know you don't want to live without what they gave you, even if it is for such a short time, and you get another.

If you are interested in adoption, just let me know and I'll put you in touch with an ESS rescue group in your area. Puppies aren't for everyone, and sometimes an older dog (from 1-10) works out better. Rescue is great because they're already spayed/neutered, have shots, and have been evaluated so you know what you're getting.

I also require all my puppy buyers to go through an obedience course with my dogs---it's in my contract. A positive reinforcement class is a Godsend to all people who have dogs, especially puppies because they're just like kids, they want to know where they fit in the pack hierarchy. They truly do want only to please, they just don't always know how to do it.

Whether it's cats or dogs, and we also have cats, both of whom were throwaways---a 12 and a 2 year old---the best thing you can do this time of year if you can't adopt is to drop off food, old blankets, towels, etc., at your local shelter. They're always, and I mean ALWAYS in need---if you don't have any, then just make a donation.

As I sit and write this, my littlest "angel" is under my feet at the computer desk, with her two older brothers asleep on either side of me.....her mother is in the kitchen looking for cat food, of course.

Kiss those critters for me and my gang.

Evelyn

Daughter adoped a male dog (which is some fancy breed but can't recall at the moment) from an outfit in Atlanta that wouldn't let her have it til they came to visit her house to make sure she is fit! Poor little fella had been caged and used only for stud service. He didn't know what out of the cage was, didn't know how to go outside - still goes on the concrete after 2 yrs she has had him. He hid in the laundry room in a soft basket she had for him, ate his food and drink there and didn't come out into the rest of the house for a long, long time. He is very backward but she loves him. His name is London - high and mighty name, isn't it?

My goodness, they sure were particular about other people, when they mistreated that little guy so. It's wonderful that your daughter has him now.

He can enjoy the rest of his life.

My pooch (1 of 3) does the same thing...he looks at my clicking chest while he twists his head and perks his ears..

Bill - congratulations on your new puppie!! She's really adorable!! I am always glad to hear when an animal finds a happy home to live in....

David - we had beagles when I was growing up - so I loved seeing your pooch's foto! I keep threatening to get one for my mom, because I know she misses them....

I would love to get a pup or kat too - I was always dragging in kitties when I was a kid - but my schedule and my pad don't really allow for it. I always go looking in the pet stores to say hello to them all. I really miss having a pet.... My last kitten was a total sweetie, and we hung out together, but then she got flattened and that was the end of it all....

-J

Love your new dog. Looks alot like my dog rascal. He is a beagle doushaund mix. Only hes not a lap dog I think he's about 40 pounds.
The place most people go to rescue does here is North Shore Animal League in Port Washington Long Island. They sometimes have a van come and sit by the local Petland Discount.

I live by a popular park a lady from the area made a website about the dogs and their owners that go to this park. I've been sending in pictures and its a really nice.
www.marineparkdogs.com My dogs are on page 14.

Back