My granddaughter's doll

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy

I'm making a crocheted doll for my granddaughter, who's 2 years old. I couldn't find anything pretty for a child under 3. So I found this cute pattern for a Victorian doll. It's really adorable and I'm getting a kick out of it. It has little crocheted high-heeled, high buttoned shoes, and a parasol, a long ruffled lavender dress with a fancy collar and pantaloons. I gave her a long braided updo hairstyle and a fancy hat. It's not one of those Barbie type dolls, but a pudgy baby-type of doll.

It's feels good to do something other than medical stuff. Just wanted to share.

Sounds like fun, Nancy. As it gets colder, I like to start doing my needle work too. I am working on an afghan right now and spinning up more yarn for the next one I want to do.

Nancy,

That sounds really nice! Post a photo if you can...? I am (sort of) working on some Barbie knits for my niece for Christmas (or her birthday if I don't get them done in time!) I made a very nice sparkly black sleeveless cocktail dress, and got a Barbie to give it a fitting, and ACK, it was just a bit too tight around the hips! So I ripped it out. Need to start over....

That sounds cute! As my boys get older I am going to be working on a quilt for each of them using their baby clothes. I have just been waiting until I can get a sewing machine so I can start them up:) I thought it would be neat...something they could use as a remembering thing, you know. maybe a hand me down. I think I will start Ian's first though since he's older. Thank you for telling us about that...sort of motivates me to get out there and start those quilts!

Back