Is numbness of the feet a sign things are getting worse?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really not good stuff to post right before I get surgery. HAHAHA
but you're not getting surgery in Florida right?

;-)

But seriously, nobody is going to be "removing" the wrong thing and its normal to get asked who you are and what surgery you are expecting all the way to the surgery door.

You'll be right

Just tape a big note to your chest:
I might go another way
1726462693376.png

if I had to have surgery in Florida ...

@SatoriFround

https://patient.info/news-and-features/why-do-we-use-dark-humour-as-a-coping-mechanism

Most of us are no strangers to dark humour. We've most likely cracked a really dark joke at some point that is self-deprecating or makes other people feel uncomfortable. However, dark humour is being used increasingly as a coping tool for difficult situations. These can be anything from relationship breakdowns to mental illnesses. But why do we do this? And does dark humour actually help or hinder us? ...
Brummell admits that dark humour is neither inherently good nor bad - it depends how it is used. "Dark humour is a tool that can be used to great effect while navigating some of the difficult times in our lives.​

but you're not getting surgery in Florida right?

;-)

But seriously, nobody is going to be "removing" the wrong thing and its normal to get asked who you are and what surgery you are expecting all the way to the surgery door.

You'll be right
I know. Them removing the wrong organ is definitely not one of my fears. Not being able to do what I normally do and trusting my wife to handle stuff is. LOL

@SatoriFround

https://patient.info/news-and-features/why-do-we-use-dark-humour-as-a-coping-mechanism

Most of us are no strangers to dark humour. We've most likely cracked a really dark joke at some point that is self-deprecating or makes other people feel uncomfortable. However, dark humour is being used increasingly as a coping tool for difficult situations. These can be anything from relationship breakdowns to mental illnesses. But why do we do this? And does dark humour actually help or hinder us? ...
Brummell admits that dark humour is neither inherently good nor bad - it depends how it is used. "Dark humour is a tool that can be used to great effect while navigating some of the difficult times in our lives.​
When my wife's son was getting emergency surgery she was cracking jokes and the nurse took her aside and basically told her that he had a good chance of dying and she needed to be acting appropriately. I wasn't there or I would have told her off. She handles stress with humor and people think it means she doesn't get the seriousness, but she definitely does.

Latest posts

Back