How often are we testing?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often do you lab/home test?

• Daily

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2x a week

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Weekly

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Every 2+ weeks

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
I prefer actually entering a lab and having blood drawn face to face
I hate blood draws. They've stuffed up most of my veins now so it's always a hassle. Most vampires are ninnies.

Seldom am so bored I want to waste time there.

, but I'll tolerate sitting and waiting. Adds a little humanity to the process.
I'm a bit more fussy with my time. Always something better to do. Zero benefit for me at this point.

I sometimes test less frequently than once a week -- especially when I find half a warfarin sitting in my pill box that was supposed to be for a day in the past. I missed .5 mg a few days ago - not enough to make a big impact on my INR, but I'd rather wait and test when the full dose is in my system.

Doc had me test every 2-3 days while I was fresh off the surgeons table and my INR was going up and down. Now that I'm in range its weekly testing for me.
But that was too often for your body has to adjust to the dosing. Once a week is good enough to see if there is adjusting to be made.

Thank you for your response.

The clinic I am using is the same office that my cardiologist is in, so he wanted me to use it.

There are other INR clinics in the area (in a different health network) that do use Coagucheck machines that I have considered asking if I can switch to- but unsure how much headway I am going to get if they want me to use the in-house clinic.

I am going to ask weekly about having the home self-test kit approved via insurance until it actually gets approved.
Remember, you are in charge of your own health! Push for what you want. 👍😊

Weekly for me. Here are the results of almost a year's worth of testing.

Attachments

• INR history 1.jpg
    INR history 1.jpg
    16.9 KB
  • Inr history 2.png
    Inr history 2.png
    45.2 KB

Latest posts

Back