Fourth day after surgery...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ergo Sum

Four days ago, I had my TAVR done and they held me back for overnight observation. That probably was the hardest part since I could not sleep much, due to the intermittent pneumatic pressure device on both legs. Every time when I was about to fall asleep the pump would kick in alternatively. The night shift nurse disconnected them, after the first time I've asked her for bathroom break. She stated that I could go alone. It didn't matter to her that my wrist had a red wrist band with "Fall Risk" with black letters. Afterward I've learned, that it means "1+" in nurses jargon...

Released on the next day, had lunch at home and slept couple hours, but managed to get in 15 - 20 minutes walk before dinner. My BP and pulse had been fluctuating, had some leg/shoulder pain and running hot. The latter one wasn't a fever, I just felt hot. This continued for the second day, most of the pain on the leg pain subsided, so did the shoulder pain, the BP started to normalize but not the pulse. On the third day I felt even better, went shopping with my wife, also walked late in the afternoon, prior to making pizza for dinner on the grill.

On my fourth day, I've started out rather early to get to my grandson's flag-football game, did have some rest after lunch, then did couple of small projects, including some painting. Just came back from a walk before dinner, but she cooking tonight. I actually started to feel more energy the first time.

I've been reading this forum since my first day home and I forgot who stated in his/her advice, that "Just live your life". I've took that to heart and I've been doing that ever since. I am getting close to recover at least that's how I feel, even if it remains to be seen that this feeling was right.

Either ways, I'm glad that found this forum all of the great advises just by browsing around. Much appreciate everyone....(y)

Thx... To be honest, after the initial consultation, I didn't trust him much, but went through the additional testing that verified the viability of the balloon; mainly due to my cardiologist's referral to him. The second consultation with the interventional cardiologist went much better and pretty much everything turned out to be as he predicted. I trust him, will see him next Wednesday and maybe he'll let me go biking. Walking is an excercize, but much prefer biking and swimming due to number of joint surgeries.

Latest posts

Back