Depression after surgery...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About Depression

About Depression

Hi Nicole, I've been gone for awhile, but reading your post brought to mind something I never have talked about. I guess I never put a name to it. I felt it right after my surgery and lots of times after. Now 9 months later, I still wonder why me? But most of all. I will never be the same. Every time I look at my scar it hits me all over again.

I know I should feel lucky to be alive, but self pitty comes in once in awhile too. I can really feel for you. The good does out weigh the bad in the end. At least I hope so. Good Luck. Syl G.:p :( :eek: :)

I am not a very religious person, and my husband is an atheist. I am a lutheran. have my ups and downs, but at the end of the day, they usually even out. I mean, I don't hang out with many people, but I enjoy the times I do get out. It drizzles here a lot. But I understand where you are coming from. It's just accepting the position you are in, the fact that you can't have kids, could be a bad thing, but it could be a good thing. I too have rhuematic heart disease, but I look at it this way...at least I am alive to see my kids grow up. I didn't make my husband a widow, and I am NOT going to let my heart problems keep me down. I am a strong woman, and will follow my dreams and be a nicu nurse. I will be a good wife, a loving mother, a good daughter. My grandmother (my namesake, my mom's mom)died of the same disease I have. One day they were getting ready for church, and my mom heard her cough twice, and fall down. Her heart had blown up into hundreds of peices. My mom was 12 years old. I am just happy that I am going to live to see my grandkids grow up. Keep your chin up, and live life for today, not for yesterday.

Back