Another one for the stats....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ergo Sum

Hello everyone.... I am new at this forum, just had to register....

I had my TAVR proceedure done earlier this week and it is a mixed feeling. That's probably a OK, since it's only couple days old, but looks promising so far. BP is fine, but Pulse is a bit on the high side for me in the low 80s. My Pulse used to be in the upper 50s range, seldom reaching the 60. I've did read about the sympthoms afterward and do have some of them; like frequent urge to urinate, lower extremeties muscle pain, shoulder pain and a low level headache. All of these sympthoms more of an annoyance than actual pain. There's also some dizziness, when standing up too fast but not to the level where I'd loose control. All in all, I am pretty happy with opting for this proceedure so far., can't really predict what the future will be like, obviously...

I did lot of research, talked to my PCP, Cardiologist and Intervention Cardiologiest. In addition, it had been discussed with family members as well, one of whom is a perimedic. The vote had been unanimous accross the board, I had been the last one who had the "AYE" vote. Interestingly, I had been the only one without a worry during the days leading up to the procedure, the family members had been very worried. I am glad the procedurre went very well, according to both cardiologist, but probably that's what they say for everyone, so, I take it with a grain of salt. Just figuratively speaking....;)

I haven't had a chance to watch the proceedure that they've gave me; yes, I've asked for it. It's been years that I've built computers with CD/DVD drives, everything is USB by now. My grandkids don't know about the procedure, I didn't think that would be appropiate. Their grand parents on the other side died with in a year to each other, a little over a year. No need to make them worry, in time I will tell them.

I have lot of reading to do in this forum, just want it introduce myself. If you have any question, just let me know and I may, or my not anwer it, if it is too personal.

Thanks for reading through my post....

Hi and welcome
I had my TAVR proceedure done earlier this week and it is a mixed feeling. That's probably a OK, since it's only couple days old, but looks promising so far. BP is fine, but Pulse is a bit on the high side for me in the low 80s.
as you may have noted if you've lurked here that high HR immediately after any heart surgery is very common.

I hope it all settles down soon.

BTW if its not too private, could you put your year of birth in your About (or Biography) section, because knowing if you're 60 or 16 helps to answer questions by having the proper expectations.

1726174420427.png

as you can see I put mine in my text
1726174793590.png

as Year Of Birth:

I don't display my Date of Birth, and I don't think anyone really cares about the month bit.

Best Wishes

Attachments

• 1726174641060.png
    1726174641060.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Welcome, I hope everything goes well with your recovery! I had a valve repair via balloon 22 years ago and the cardiologist DID tell my husband that he felt it didn’t go well, so in that case at least he didn’t blow sunshine. But, can’t say it wasn’t pretty durable. Headed for OHS this month as a repeat isn’t advisable.

Hope you’ll soon return to normal and get many years out of this intervention.

Thx everyone for your useful advices. I do have a heart monitor at the moment and appointment with the intervention cardiologist and my PCP next week. My wife, the former nurse, and my perimedic daughter constantly checking on me as well. It can be annoying, but I also know that they are on the top of my condition. With all of the monitoring, it really boils down to if my system will go along with the Edwards aortic valve. I believe that it will, positive attitude could help on the long run....

Welcome, I hope everything goes well with your recovery! I had a valve repair via balloon 22 years ago and the cardiologist DID tell my husband that he felt it didn’t go well, so in that case at least he didn’t blow sunshine. But, can’t say it wasn’t pretty durable. Headed for OHS this month as a repeat isn’t advisable.

Hope you’ll soon return to normal and get many years out of this intervention.
Thx...

You did have a good run, I hope that your OHS will be lasting at least as long as your balloon did.

My cardiologist told me, that he can put in a smaller AV in the future, if necessary; did he blow some sunshine in my direction?

I mean, valve in valve is a thing, but will leave you with a smaller valve opening which is not ideal. I still don't see how old you are? From reading on here it seems like TAVR (let alone valve in valve) is more often recommended for people who are older and have more contraindications for traditional OHS, but maybe that age line is trending downward as this procedure continues to be used. I'm sure that your age at implantation would be of interest to future readers if you are willing to share that.

I'm definitely optimistic that once in, my mech valve will last me till the end of my days (I'm 56). Never 100% but they are pretty durable. Also glad I had the balloon as an option to buy some time. Having OHS at age 34 with two 27-week twins in the NICU, 3 other kids under age 5 at home, and many more earning responsibilities for me and hubs would have high-key sucked. Now my kids are all grown and can help take care of me instead. (y)

I am glad that you were able to see your kids grow up, he needed that as much as you did. I am still getting accustomed to the acronyms that this forum throws around...

I've joined the septuagenarian club this year, or as my kids said, "Over the hill, down the valley, across the river. It's a good thing that my grandkids didn't hear it, they'd be upset for sure. The TAVR balloon supposed to be good for 12 - 15 years, or longer, from Edwards. My aortic valve opening was 1.1cm prior to the balloon, that made it 2.9cm, I think the largest they had. If it needs to, he can put in a smaller in, according to him. , It's roughly 10 more days for mountain-biking and swimming according to my cardiologist.

I do feel better, other than the higher pulse than normal, BP fluctuating, etc. It'll take time to these things to level off, I am glad that I've had it done....

Hello everyone.... I am new at this forum, just had to register....

I had my TAVR proceedure done earlier this week and it is a mixed feeling. That's probably a OK, since it's only couple days old, but looks promising so far. BP is fine, but Pulse is a bit on the high side for me in the low 80s. My Pulse used to be in the upper 50s range, seldom reaching the 60. I've did read about the sympthoms afterward and do have some of them; like frequent urge to urinate, lower extremeties muscle pain, shoulder pain and a low level headache. All of these sympthoms more of an annoyance than actual pain. There's also some dizziness, when standing up too fast but not to the level where I'd loose control. All in all, I am pretty happy with opting for this proceedure so far., can't really predict what the future will be like, obviously...

I did lot of research, talked to my PCP, Cardiologist and Intervention Cardiologiest. In addition, it had been discussed with family members as well, one of whom is a perimedic. The vote had been unanimous accross the board, I had been the last one who had the "AYE" vote. Interestingly, I had been the only one without a worry during the days leading up to the procedure, the family members had been very worried. I am glad the procedurre went very well, according to both cardiologist, but probably that's what they say for everyone, so, I take it with a grain of salt. Just figuratively speaking....;)

I haven't had a chance to watch the proceedure that they've gave me; yes, I've asked for it. It's been years that I've built computers with CD/DVD drives, everything is USB by now. My grandkids don't know about the procedure, I didn't think that would be appropiate. Their grand parents on the other side died with in a year to each other, a little over a year. No need to make them worry, in time I will tell them.

I have lot of reading to do in this forum, just want it introduce myself. If you have any question, just let me know and I may, or my not anwer it, if it is too personal.

Thanks for reading through my post....
What did you vote on? You do know that your vote is the only one that matters right?

Latest posts

Back