Angiogram done!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SatoriFround

My arteries got a clean bill of health, so at least I have that going for me. I was quite unhappy being stuck in the hospital bed not being allowed to go home and I can tell I am going to have a hard time after surgery. I had to sit there with my elbow on the table and my hand in the air for over an hour to get the bleeding from my wrist to stop. I was threatening to my wife to walk out if they didn't let me go soon, and she was doing everything she could to talk me down. I guess I am not a great patient. I apologized to the nurse when they finally let me go home, for being short with her. I was frustrated. The surgeries are done on a 'floating' schedule, meaning there is no actual appointment, besides the day and you just sit there with your booty hanging out for hours while waiting for your surgeon's slot to open up. Luckily they were able to get good views with my wrist entry, despite the aneurysm and stenosis, and we didn't have to start over and do the groin entry. I'm glad I took the chance and tried it before groin though as recovery from that entry takes longer.

It is sort of frustrating that I had to do this test though. My CT had already showed minimal build up on my artery walls, but I guess the CT isn't as good as spotting a blockage, especially when that wasn't what you were looking for in the first place. I was floored when billing called and told me it would be a $1200 co-pay. Ugh, I hope they get the valve surgery scheduled before the end of the year so I don't have to run into a fresh year and start my max out of pocket again.

Oh and to add the icing to the cake.... The parking garage was a hot mess and when my wife went out and got the car someone had hit it and we have a big dent that we have to get fixed now. :(

I’m glad you are released for surgery. Rather safe than sorry. If needed they can repair a blocked artery at the same time with minimal additional risk. Good luck.
Sorry about the car. I often complain that I’m going to dump my car and get a horse :)

I’m glad you are released for surgery. Rather safe than sorry. If needed they can repair a blocked artery at the same time with minimal additional risk. Good luck.
Sorry about the car. I often complain that I’m going to dump my car and get a horse :)
LOL Yeah, Texas is too big to travel via horse. It would take forever to get anywhere. It was actually my wife's car. It was her first brand new car, since the market was in that rare place that buying new was a better idea than used. That car has now been hit THREE freaking times. Texas drivers SUCK and it is only two years old. *sigh*

Latest posts

Back