A Prayer needed please

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my.....how did I miss this.

Zipper, you know you have my thoughts and prayers and now extended out to your parents.

Maybe 'mom' can get something stronger for the pain?

Please look after herself and when you have the chance, let us know how they are doing.

freddie

So sorry to hear both your mum and dad had a awful car crash...I send my prayers for them and hope your mum especially has no bad after effects.

Zipper:

Hope your mom is feeling better today. That was a very scary experience for all involved.

Airbags save lives but can also cause missed injuries. These are caused by your body's forward motion being stopped by the airbag. Your heart can be bruised, you can suffer tears in the aorta or injuries to other parts of your heart.

My husband required MV repair 14 months ago because of an airbag injury. The airbag had fractured his sternum. John refused to go to the hospital the day of the accident, but was hurting so much the next day that I took him. The fracture was diagnosed, but no one knew that at least one MV chordae had been ruptured for another 6-7 months. The surgeon's reports indicated that the injury was consistent with an airbag injury, and his PA said that they frequently see patients with airbag injuries.

If your mom continues to have pain, you may want to suggest that your mom go back to the hospital to rule out unseen internal injuries -- CAT scan, MRI, whatever.
The only tests John had when he went to the ER was a chest X-ray. If we ever have a car accident again and the airbag goes off, I will insist on something more than a simple chest X-ray.

Yikes, zipper...very sorry about what happened to your parents.

Thoughts/prayers coming to them...and to you....

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Who's gonna hold me tonight?" ... Trace Adkins ... 'Help Me Understand'

UPDATE: Thanks sooooo much for all your prayers and support
Spoke to parents on different occasions and DAD: alot of brusing
to face and swelling his left arm bruised on shoulder,but no pain he
says his mouth quite swollen from airbag,but says mom got the worst
Spoke with her she did go and get some pain medication today and no
bruising at all to notice on outside ,her ankle remains with a big indent
from dash and door pushed her legs stuck till rescuers freed her.
So dent remains on ankle....no pain there. The only real discomfort
remains in breathing for her or taking a deep breath and coughing hurts
her chest bout same as yesterday.Shes been checked over again today
and inr is still showing normal at 2.4 where they like it to be they gave her
tylenol3 for pain meds and she says it is helping,tomorrow some x-rays
will continue just to make sure all is fine and nothings changed from yest
erdays x-rays.They are aware of your prayers and say thank-you to
you all and that your prayers have helped them,it is a miracle things
could have been so much worse as was already.Being 85 and 83 and all
mom's heart issues and i couldn't begin to fill you all in,Dads pnuemaunia
and copd the both are tough generation of people.
Thanks again for all the support,Slowly i feel all will get better still in
days ahead for them.:)

zipper2

Glad to hear that things are going better. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your parents. Take care and God Bless.

Glad to hear "mom" got some pain meds and they are helping and hope the discomfort in the chest will be resolved soon.

Prayers and little soft ((hugs)) to you and yours.

I believe that people are called/sent to the situation that they are in. I know that this is hard to reconcile with Zips Mom being injured. However, what did her unfortunate incident teach us? I think it went a long way to show how little there is to fear about warfarin. The next time you are told to hold your warfarin for a week to get your teeth cleaned, think of Zip's Mom and just say, "NO!"

Zipper:

Hope your mom is feeling better today. That was a very scary experience for all involved.

Airbags save lives but can also cause missed injuries. These are caused by your body's forward motion being stopped by the airbag. Your heart can be bruised, you can suffer tears in the aorta or injuries to other parts of your heart.

My husband required MV repair 14 months ago because of an airbag injury. The airbag had fractured his sternum. John refused to go to the hospital the day of the accident, but was hurting so much the next day that I took him. The fracture was diagnosed, but no one knew that at least one knew that at least one MV chordae had been ruptured for another 6-7 months. The surgeon's reports indicated that the injury was consistent with an airbag injury, and his PA said that they frequently see patients with airbag injuries.

If your mom continues to have pain, you may want to suggest that your mom go back to the hospital to rule out unseen internal injuries -- CAT scan, MRI, whatever.
The only tests John had when he went to the ER was a chest X-ray. If we ever have a car accident again and the airbag goes off, I will insist on something more than a simple chest X-ray.

thanks for the warning catwoman,mom is now in hospital all day today for
further testing of any internal injuries,has alot of unexplainable chest aches and pains.Refused to stay in and will continue journey of more testing tomorrow as day patient,inr is where it's suppose to be,unexplainable vomiting
,so she went in and tests done were ecg today and ultrasound.They gave her a needle for pain and 2 tiny tabs of DICLOFENAC SODIUM 1 today 1 in am
to be taken before a test they are doing in am she said,havent looked it up yet to understand what it is for totally.So just to let you all know update on her condition,dad is fine other than big lips and nose effects from the airbag
he's doing great.Hopefully they can get to bottom of her chest pain
Thanks again everyone for your much needed support:)

zipper2

I've been away and just found this. Your folks are certainly in my thoughts and prayers. I am glad there is no huge damages to them and hope that their bruises clear up soon. Blessins.......

I am sorry i did not see this post sooner. My prayers are with you and your family. i hope everything turns out well and please know i am thinking of you and your family during their recovery.

Aja

Back