60 y/o Female St Jude Mitral valve

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm also confused because the INRange is not defunct and is still presently sold

So back to my question ... was that machine disabled, were you required to return it, and do you own a machine now or what?

Or just keep being sarcastic and unhelpful ...

I find you incredibly rude and rather a know it all, but go ahead and call me sarcastic and unhelpful.

The machine was called the INRatio, made by Alere, not the Coaguchek INRange, made by Roche.

As the article states, it and the strips were recalled in 2014. The strips were actually under a voluntary recall in May, but before they recalled the meter in December, they stopped selling the strips. It started similar to what is currently going on with the Coaguchek where it was difficult to find the strips and advanced from there. Like other non-clinical users,I bought my machine on eBay without a prescription and Alere refused to honor my claim. I used the strips I had left (I never had a problem with them) and then purchased a Coaguchek XS in October, 2014 and still use that machine.

The machine was called the INRatio, made by Alere,

As the article states, it and the strips were recalled in 2014. The strips were actually under a voluntary recall in May, but before they recalled the meter in December, they stopped selling the strips.
I was also using INRatio during that time. After the notice of the recall I used up my small supply of strips and put the meter in the garbage. After using the Coaguchek XS for several years at home, I have now gone to the INR clinic operated by my cardio. For me, it is much simpler and efficient than ordering my supplies and fighting with suppliers over billing issues.

The machine was called the INRatio, made by Alere, not the Coaguchek INRange, made by Roche.
you may notice that I've edited that reply to the facts which I didn't know.

Sorry for my ignorance, but I literally don't know that machine and I've never spoken to anyone in Australia using them.

So yes, they are defunct.

Best Wishes

you may notice that I've edited that reply to the facts which I didn't know.

Sorry for my ignorance, but I literally don't know that machine and I've never spoken to anyone in Australia using them.

So yes, they are defunct.

Best Wishes
Yes I noticed that you removed where you called me sarcastic and unhelpful.

I was also using INRatio during that time. After the notice of the recall I used up my small supply of strips and put the meter in the garbage. After using the Coaguchek XS for several years at home, I have now gone to the INR clinic operated by my cardio. For me, it is much simpler and efficient than ordering my supplies and fighting with suppliers over billing issues.
I may be going into the clinic soon as well if they make it any more difficult to get the strips.

Last edited:
Yes I noticed that you removed where you called me sarcastic and unhelpful.
He likes to police his business, but there’s a time limit on the ability to edit a post so it doesn’t always work.

Pellicle is a self appointed forum expert, especially when it comes to INR measurement and management, thus it’s a real hoot he didn’t know about the INRatio and its problems.

He likes to police his business, but there’s a time limit on the ability to edit a post so it doesn’t always work.

Pellicle is a self appointed forum expert, especially when it comes to INR measurement and management, thus it’s a real hoot he didn’t know about the INRatio and its problems.
Since I had already responded to the original post, part of what he changed, including the name calling, showed in my response. Guess he can't change that! The time limit is pretty long as I noticed a grammatical error in one of my posts a day or two after I'd posted it and was able to correct it.

It is interesting that he thinks because he isn't familiar with something, it must not be true.

Back