We Lost Our Oldest Cat Yesterday.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ross-
You did the right thing. Gremmy might not have tolerated the anesthisia well at his age, and you relieved his suffering.
It is hard to know, you're right. But, our pets rely on us to help them when they need it the most.
Our airedale was put down after she tore the other ACL in her left knee. She had had surgery to repair a torn ACL in the right knee about 2 years prior. When she tore the left one she was 12 and would not have tolerated the anesthesia and just couldn't get around with out the surgery. Her quality of life was poor. Ending her suffering was the kindest thing possible.

So now King can hang with all my pets and Nancy's too,

Maggie
Ms. Kitty
Erin
Panda
Ted
Dougal
Jack
Minnie

Dear Jani,

I love all cats, and absolutely adore mine. I treat them as babies and am glad I have something to hug, kiss and fuss over. Yes, I talk to my cats and I swear that two of them talk to me!
I think your Panda was a beautiful, gorgeous cat. You must have been heartbroken to have to lose him. How old was he when he died? Had he been sick?
Like Ross shared with us about his King cat, cats don't have to be sick for a long time, they can get sick overnight and the next day you have to put him to sleep.
Every day I especially look for my Ralphie (he's 16) because he has some real good places to hide, but I want to make sure he's okay before I leave the house. Many times I have been frantic because I cannot find him and am sure he got outside somehow. Hasn't happened yet!
I also scan the house to make sure the other cats are doing okay. One day I'll have a broken heart because one of my kitties will die. Don't want to think about that.
I can tell from all the posts so far that we have a lot of animal lovers on VR.com, and that all of us have experienced loss of our furry sweethearts.

Christina
AVR's 8/7/00 & 8/18/00
Tucson, AZ

Buh-bye!

Buh-bye!

Dear Ross,

I was so sorry to hear about your loss. I thought maybe you could imagine this as your "King Kitty" saying goodbye to you as he left for Kitty Heaven.

bye-bye_kittie.gif

Oh, Janie, I am so sorry to hear about your panda. Maybe you lost it in the same place that you lost your spot. Might oughta hunt that up. No tellin what else you might lose!

I have a Spare

I have a Spare

Kitty if you are really lonesome. My Black Kitty, same age as Taz., is right now sitting on top of computer. My right leg looks like I was hung in a briar patch..He is running and jumping everywhere.. I called him Rufus, Now RuRu and Rooster...My old cat really does like him. Amazing the difference in 4 weeks ago. flea bitten , skin and bones...Now fat as a Pig and wonderful personally and ALWAYS uses litter box.:D :D Bonnie

Ross,
I really felt for you on the loss of your kitty.
OUr 14 yr old siamese died in her sleep on our bed, but we had always been told that they live a long time so it was so sad for us. That was 5 yrs ago and I still think about her when I see another blue pt. We got a kitten about 6 months after she passed, an ocicat male and he really provides us with such love and is so funloving.
I think we will always have a cat in our home.
Again, wishing you the best on coping with your loss. Our vet let me borrow a couple of books on the subject of losing a pet and reading them was so hard but really helped me get thru it.
Gail

Back