Valve size

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Débora, I'm less familiar with mitral gradients but it seems to me that your gradient is nice and low, especially since over 10 years ago.
Bob

deboraginastewart said:
I've already had three mitral valve replacements and after having read this thread, I couldn't help wondering where I stand. I've had a "pericardium bovine bioprosthetic cardioprothesis valve umber 29. What's the normal opening for this valve? My last echo result done just over a month ago showed the following:
Biological prothesis with slightly thickened cusps. Sufficient and competent opening. Maximum GRAD=14mmhg, Medium GRAD=06mmhg, valvular area(doppler)=2.00cm2. Increased left atrium. The internal dimensions of my left ventricle are normal.
There's no regurgitation or PH at all either.
Thank you!
Débora :confused:

Debora, the atria are lower pressure areas so gradients aren't really comparable to aortic ones. Your gradients are consistent with moderate stenosis. You have had so much surgical work in your heart that I have no idea if that is considered "good" for you. I think you would have to look at your last several echos to see what your trend is.

mitral gradients

mitral gradients

According to a link provided by Phyllis on a another thread e.g. http://www.echobyweb.com/htm_level2_...ameters_tt.htm it says that mean gradients are mild, moderate and severe at <20, 20 - 50, and >50 respectively for aortic valves and for mitral those numbers are <6, 6 - 16, and >16. The same web site also gives the estimated area for each of those ranges. It is clear that mitral has lower mean gradients to reach each of three levels, mild, moderate and severe.
Bob

more valve data

more valve data

deboraginastewart said:
What's the normal opening for this valve?
Débora :confused:

Back