update and question

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Kate, but before flying off the handle would you please read these two quotes again? These are not my thoughts, but that of my Surgeon at Aultman.

Ross said:
I'm really sticking my neck out on this one.......My surgeon at Aultman was trained at CCF and he told me that it's because they like repeat business and opportunities to educate students. Now whether this is true or not, I don't know, but that is what he told me. He went on to say that he only wants to see a patient once in his lifetime if possible, therefor, depending on age of the patient, would recommend mechanical to anyone 45 or under.

Ross said:
A come on RCB, you wouldn't want to upset my grumpy big head surgeon would ya?

I conveniently left out the part where after he opened me and played with my lung and it collapsed, he whined to my wife that I was too complex a case and why hadn't I gone to CCF! She had to remind him that we asked him on 3 different occasions if he was up to the task or if he wanted to refer me to CCF. Don't get me wrong. The guy is a great heart surgeon, but he wasn't ready for the likes of me. I think my case knocked his confidence level down a few notches!

For the record and for any new person viewing this thread. CCF is an outstanding, top rated facility regardless of what one surgeons opinion is. This is not my own personal opinion, but a question was asked and I answered it. I think very highly of Cleveland and have no problem recommending someone go there for surgery or consult.
eat%20popcorn.gif

Ross said:
Thank you Kate, but before flying off the handle would you please read these two quotes again? These are not my thoughts, but that of my Surgeon at Aultman.

For the record and for any new person viewing this thread. CCF is an outstanding, top rated facility regardless of what one surgeons opinion is. This is not my own personal opinion, but a question was asked and I answered it. I think very highly of Cleveland and have no problem recommending someone go there for surgery or consult.
eat%20popcorn.gif
Ditto me too

Karlynn said:
I have to say, I sleep just a bit easier these days knowing that McCarthy is at NW. :D

If Dr. Kouchoukos has retired by the time I need my next AVR, I'm going to beg, borrow and steal to get to McCarthy.;)
Karlynn, would you come visit me?
:p

Mary said:
If Dr. Kouchoukos has retired by the time I need my next AVR, I'm going to beg, borrow and steal to get to McCarthy.;)
Karlynn, would you come visit me?
:p

Of course I would!!!! But I hope visiting you after surgery won't have to happen for many years!.

Hey, Brad...............

Hey, Brad...............

I don't want to bite anyone............ewwww! :D Just wanted to say "hi"! Not a wealth of info either. We did seek out an opinion from Cleveland, but only wanted one from Dr. Mee, so we e-mailed him and called him until we got past all of his guard dogs. Then we sent our latest cath and echo data and films and tape. Keep at it and please let us know how it goes. Hugs. J.

Back