Trying to insert photo

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Gisele

I figure if everyone else can do it, so can I, but do I have to insert my photo each time I write a message? Wasn't able to find reference under my personal options screen except for an avatar, but when I chose that it said my photo was too big.

I guess when I post this I will see if my pic comes up. I've only been meaning to get to this for about a year now. I think it's about time I figure it out.

Hope this works! Gisele

oops

oops

photo didn't insert at right spot. Hmmmm, guys, ladies, any suggetions would be appreciated. LOL

i just inserted mine this past weekend.. you are correct that you add it to your avatars.. (custom) however, you need to be 100X100 pixels.. i have a scanner so by the time i resized mine, it blurred.. i too would like some suggestions on getting it down to size yet still keep the clarity..

christine

Redo me

Redo me

Make me look as good as Gisele:D :D Whoopi..Ice storm still hasn't hit North Ga. but soon. Will miss my computer if power goes out. Rob..how are you in Nashville?Bonnie

gisele,

everyone can maybe, that is everyone but me.
My camera will do e-mail sized photos but still too many meg-pixels. However I think a light came on. Looks like a downsizing must change the pixels. Am I right?? anybody??:confused:
p. s.
nice photo!

Looks like a downsizing must change the pixels.

Let me try that again, yes, downsizing changes the pixels. Her original was 239 x 291 and I brought it down to 82 x 100 at 150 D.P.I.

Last edited:
Ross, what a sweetie!

Ross, what a sweetie!

You did it! Thank you so much. I just got back from school and I was surprised to see all the help. I saved it and I can't believe it-it worked.

(would you believe this semester I am in a computer class too!)

Hey, what can I say, the pressure was getting to me. Nearly everyone else had their photo up, so I figured it was my turn.

Thanks, and merci beaucoup!

Gisele

Ram, I didn't go from camera

Ram, I didn't go from camera

I scanned my photo with my fax/copier/scanner. I then brought that photo into a software that allowed me to resize the photo and crop. (Photo taken at my son's wedding last Jan).

Maybe Ross can help you, but getting the photo from you camera to your computer would be one step. Just don't know what to tell you how to go from there. Sorry.

Gisele

Aaaahhhhh Ross..........

Aaaahhhhh Ross..........

you are making me blush. Thanks so much.

I use Irfanview and you can get it from Here. It's free for private use and is one of the best picture editing programs out here. If you download it, be sure to get all the plug ins for it also. It takes a little bit of monkeying around and getting used to, but there isn't much you can't do with it. ;)

Features:
Thumbnails, Preview, Drag & Drop Support, fast Directory View (fast moving through directory), Print Support, Scan (TWAIN) Support, Slideshow, Batch conversion, change the color depth, audio CD player, Capturing, Cut/Crop, Effects (Blur, Sharpen etc.) and many many more ...
Only one EXE-File, no DLLs, no Shareware Messages like "I Agree" ...

USAGE AGREEMENT

IrfanView is provided as freeware, but only for private, non-commercial use (that means at home).
IrfanView is free for educational use (schools and universities) and for use in charity or humanitarian organisations.

Last edited:
Wow if my picture looked that good(I wish I looked that good) people would be able to see just how old I really am.GAG!:eek:

Rich,

Rich,

You look great! We would all love to look younger, believe me, I can start to see some signs of aging and I know it will only worsen. But with that comes wisdom and knowledge. Can't change it, so you might as well just go with it!

Gisele

thanks, gisele, ross

took me three times but looks like I made it. Third time never fails,hey?
geeze these computers--I always say there is so much room for improvement. frustrating, time consuming and dying out when you least expect it. oh well!

Hey Ram,

Hey Ram,

Nice pic! It's nice to put a face to the messages. Before you know it everyone will have their photo up!

And yes, computers can be very frustrating, or rather software can be, but I am always learning. :)

Gisele

Another handsome Male

Another handsome Male

Valer. Have to watch Hensylee. she'll be needing another cold shower:D :D Nice pic, Ram

Back