Time for mitral valve replacement

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woo hoo day 10 post op and I am headed home. There was a bit of drama when I developed yer another rhythm problem post pacemaker (atrial tachycardia) but that seems to have resolved with just some metoprolol. Wearing clothes and waiting on final meds and transport.

I felt very prepared for surgery thanks to my participation and am grateful for all the info, good wishes and support I received.

Ya know that moment post surgery when you’re trying to go to sleep and suddenly realize you have no pain at all????

Paradise. 🙂

Thanks for the reassurance Nelle!
Or that moment when you FINALLY fall asleep and your medication drop alarm goes off? The exact opposite.

They put hubby's second iv port right by where he elbow bends and everything's he bent it the beeping would start saying occlusion- patient side. I got there at 4am this morning and he hasn't slept AT ALL. I asked them how they expected his body to heal if he couldn't get any sleep? They were just letting it beep. Not even coming in to check. The worst part is they told me they heard it! Grrrr... anyway after I kept saying he wasn't going to get well without sleep they finally got someone to change out the IV to a better site.

He doesn't trust his nurses to do the right thing at all. It went seriously downhill when we left ICU. But hey, at least he can poop on a toilet without the nurse having to look at his poop everything. I swear it was every half hour to an hour for awhile and we would have to call the nurse everytime so they could unhook him, bring over the bedside toilet and help him. I think i would have been constipated the whole time. I just can't... 😆

Woo hoo day 10 post op and I am headed home. There was a bit of drama when I developed yer another rhythm problem post pacemaker (atrial tachycardia) but that seems to have resolved with just some metoprolol. Wearing clothes and waiting on final meds and transport.

I felt very prepared for surgery thanks to my participation and am grateful for all the info, good wishes and support I received.
You are a lucky duck! Going home will be nice.

Back