the Chat room

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Scottie

does anyone got into the chat room ..if so ..when ?..just wondering here
thanks
Scottie

Funny you should ask. Most every forum I've been to has a chat room and no one ever seems to use it. Why is that?

Once upon a time, we set up a time to meet in the chat room. By the time I got there whoever had been there had left, except Rain and we had a bit of a chat. In this new site, I tried to get in once and couldn't. We could set another meeting time and try it out. What do you think? How bout input, ya'll?

Simple answer........

Simple answer........

Download MSN Messenger - It works a treat.

It tells you who's online, when they come online, even tells you when they go to bed. Sometimes just gives TMI - TeeHee

Chat Room

Chat Room

Thanks for asking about the chat room. That continues to be one of our weaknesses here on ValveReplacement.com.

Unfortunately, the real good chat room applications run in the thousands of dollars and since this site is a revenue depleting site, and not a revenue generating site, I cannot afford the luxury.

I am in constant search of a chat room solution that would serve our needs. It will happen, just not this week. :(

When it does happen, I will be scheduling chat sessions with sponsors, physicians, surgeons, past valve recipients and others. It will become a great and exciting learning tool for all of us.

Our membership is growing steadily as we are nearing the 300 member mark.

ps - When I say that the site is a "revenue depleting" site, I do not say that in a negative way. Yes the site demands my time and money without providing monetary returns. But the satisfaction I get from knowing all of you and helping others is beyond rewarding.

Hank... and you are doing a GREAT JOB!!! I don't think that we say that often enough.... geez... you think our minds are somewhere else? hee hee

Thank you for this website... it is great to have a place to go where "Everyone knows your name"!!!!

Cheers!!!

Zazzy

Hey Hank

Hey Hank

Hank ..I think you have done a great job with this site ...many of us in here will be forever in your debt for setting it up ...so if you ever fancy a trip to SCotland let me know .we 'd love to show you around and try and repay you ...take care
Scottie

chat room

chat room

Hi,
It's peachy's other half LtCdData here
I was looking around the site and came across this page about chat rooms.
I am very much an IRC ( Internet Relay Chat ) chat junkie and have been for over 5 years now.
I understand keeping everything on a browser is handy but tbh java chat sux, its just not as fluid,or flexable to use like a real IRC client. Since I have several chat channels of my own, and am an IRC operator in many other channels I decided to make an IRC channel for peachy called #HeartValveReplacement on dalnet. IRC might not be everyones "cup of tea" but for those who fancy trying using it, its a good way to chat to other people, in real time, with a similar interest.

Peachy's Avatar!

Peachy's Avatar!

Hey Peachy - I never thought of putting an animated GIF in as an avatar. At least not one with rotation images like yours. Thanks for the great idea.

As far as the IRC chat clients, they are definately the way to go, unfortunately the learning curve is a bit higher than a java based client for most folks.

I am taking on hte task of combining the best of both worlds :confused: some how, some day, ...

brill!

brill!

I think this site and the way its sorted is just brill...well done Hank in Arizona...i think we all know that not every reward is monetary; however, I think u probably spend lots of time sorting this site. Sooooooo THANX
debs xxx

While we are on the subject of the site, some of you might not know that Hank and Michelle pay for this site out of their own pockets and a bit of help from those of us who can afford it ought to send along a bit of $ to help him out; just a few $. He'll still do it even if we don't help, but it would be nice of us, especially since we all have gained so much from the site. If you can't, don't; if you can, do. Am sure Hank will private message you with his address.

What a beautiful new picture, Hank. Now we know where your little one gets some of his good looks - must give Michelle some credit, too, tho. When do we get an avatar for her? God bless

Address for donations

Address for donations

Yes - Donations are always needed and appreciated. Just because I don't always ask, doesn't mean I don't need :)

Hank Eyring
1947 S. Roca
Mesa, AZ 85204

Or you can use the PayPal link on the bottom of www.valvereplacement.com to make donations if you would like to pay online.

Thank you so much for those who contribute.

Back