The British are Coming

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jan

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hi Hank & Michelle,

This is to confirm that myself and my husband Bill will be at the reunion,

We have booked a flight into San Francisco on Wed 9th Oct where we will pick up a car, then drive to Las Vegas

We will arrive in Las Vegas on Friday ( hopefully around lunch )

The Lady Luck had no available rooms but we managed to get a room at Circus Circus, How far is it to the Olive Garden where you are all meeting on Friday?

Bill and I look forward to meeting you all

See You in Las Vegas

Jan

Ps What weather can we expect in Las Vegas?

Hi Bill & Jan,

Lost Wages Weather in October
High in the 80's
Low in the 60's
Pleasant Weather, Great time of the year.

Circus Circus to Olive Garden is about a 15 minute drive. Traffic will be heavy around that time of the evening.

San Francisco will be cooler. You will have a beautiful drive to Vegas. Lot of different views.

Glad to see a Carbomedics customer joining us!

See you next week.

John & Joann in Western Ohio

Hi Bill,Jan,Joann and John,

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you next week. I attended last years reunion in Nashville and had a great time meeting all the members that attended. God willing I hope to be able to attend all future VR.com reunions so I can meet the wonderful caring people that are on this forum. We all understand and we all care. Thanks for the Dream Hank! See everyone next week!

Great news, Jan and Bill

Great news, Jan and Bill

Hi Jan,

I am really glad to hear that you and Bill will be coming to the reunion this year. I remember you posting a while ago that you expected some improvement in your financial situation around this time. I guess it all worked out for you.

My wife (Mary) and I will be there on Wednesday, but we have to leave around 1:00 or so on Saturday afternoon, so we won't have much time to spend with you. However, I am very much looking forward to being with you at the dinner Friday night, at least.

Lorraine, I just happened to notice that Wednesday, 10/9 is a big day for you. We we'll all celebrate this birthday with you. By the way, I once asked when the smile went away following surgery. You told me never! Well, we'll just have to see who has the biggest smile when they think back to those first few days after heart surgery.

Hank, I guess you win the golf tourament by default this year, huh? But maybe a last minute entry will surprise you.

We're really getting excited about this now as the time draws nearer. See you all (plus Joann, John, Rain, Greg and maybe a few others) in L.V.

Ron K

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for the welcome, We are really looking forward to meeting you all.

This will be our first visit to the West Coast, and Las Vegas and meeting some of the people who gave me support before, during and after my surgery will be great,

We plan to head to the Lady Luck to the photo session to meet as many of you as we can before dinner,

Thanks Hank for giving your cell phone number, I will call you if we have any problems,

See you all Friday

Jan And Bill

Hi Ron K,

I would love to be there to celebrate my birthday on the 9th but unfortunately I won't be in Vegas until the 10th. We all could celebrate that night instead!:D :D I actually end up celebrating my birthday for a week anyway. Well, not quite as heavy as pre-surgery. I only drink Miller Lite now when I drink and then only a few.

In answer to your question. I did answer you back when you asked the question. I said my smile was still there. My post on March 8th. I think after something as major as what we have had done we're all smiling because are happy to be alive!:D We conquered the problem that had us slowly deteriorating. I'll be looking forward to seeing your smile as well as your wife(Mary) in Vegas too. I'm sure Mary is smiling because you did make it through! See everyone in 4 days. Take care and God Bless!

hi all!
i am so hearbrokenly jealous that we won't be there to have all this fun with all of you.... maybe next year.
it's our daughter's 15th b-day and she is planning a big weekend, so we could only come for a day or so...doesn't pay.
have a great, fun time and please take lots of photos so we can see what fun you had.
enjoy and all be well...sylvia

Hey Jan

Hey Jan

You lucky thing you ...going to Vegas ...I went with Hubby and the kids about five yrs ago and we loved it ...coming from a small Highland village Las Vegas was as far away from it as you could imagine . Don't think my kids mouths shut the whole time we were there.
Have a great time ...enjoy it and send my best wishes to all at the Reunion ...I wish I could join you ..but with two kids heading for uni next yr I doubt I'll be travelling far for a while yet .
Be good and don't gamble too much !!!!!
Scottie

How are You

How are You

Hi Scottie.

Nice to hear from you,i hope your recovery is going well and that you are feeling fit and healthy.

Yes I really am looking forward to the trip,we have been to the USA a few times to Florida ( Daytona Bike Week )

In 1993 we went to the Harley Davidson 90th Anniversary celebrations. Bill shipped his bike to Baltimore then we rode through many states getting as far as Sturgis in South Dakota
it was fantastic 6000 miles in three weeks,

Next year we are planning to do a similar trip for the 100th Anniversary, friends from Dundee, Inverness, Aberdeen and Lossymouth will be joining us so we should have a good time,

We only booked the flights on Saturday so it has all been a bit of a rush, but It will be great to meet some of our VR friends

Maybe us this side of the water could have a mini reunion sometime,

Take Care

Jan

2002 Reunion

2002 Reunion

Jan and Bill,
I am so sorry that Christine and I weren't able to spend more time with you after you traveled so far to attend the reunion. I hope that next year we will have more organized gatherings so we can all get together and talk. I wanted to talk to you about my visit to England a few years ago. I know that you both traveled so far to be with us at great expense. I hope that you have had a good time in America.

Take care,
Joni

Back