Tammy!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LUVMyBirman

What's this with your Aortic valve?? I sure hope and pray for you that this is not the case. The only thing I was ever told is that with the "pressure" that is placed upon the Aortic due to the increased flow of a prosthetic mitral that it "could" cause damage to the Aortic. But....my cardiologist said there is medication they can put you on to avoid surgery. Not sure what or how, etc. But look into it. Did they give you a level of reguirg?

Now your Mitral calcification. How on earth can it be gone? Happy for you that they don't see it. As you recall they found minimal calcification in my valve. I go for an echo on the 3rd....maybe mine will be gone too, LOL. These echo's are no way definitive. You could have three on the same day and get varying results. I had suposedley had "peri-valvular" leak which is non existent on my last two tests. Go figure.

Have taken the attitude recently unless I am feeling sick or tired just going on and enojoying life because what is going to be will be. Can't change it. Just have to cope.
Chin up :).

Take care,

Gina -

I have not got my results yet, should be today or tomorrow.
I don't recall my wording on that post but I was referring to what I hope to hear when I get the results "No calcification and Aortic is fine"
I have already been told from prior echos I have some calcification on the Mitral but nothing that is causing concerns. I am curious to see if there is any change there (it's been about 2 years since last echo). The Aortic Valve they said last time had some slight regurg (I didn't get any numbers). I will have to ask for that info this time. They said they were just going to monitor it and it may never get any worse and if it does then we'll deal with it.
I am a little paranoid because they spent more time looking at the Aortic valve and Root this time and they have not done that on past Echos.
I'm sure all is well - I am feeling fine. I always get a little ansy when waiting for test results.

:cool: Tammy

Back