T-shirt ordering: "Share Hank's Dream"

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Perrster

Dear vr.com members:

The vr.com t-shirt design has been posted on the home page: http://www.valvereplacement.com/t-shirts.htm They will be printed in 3-colors on a high quality navy blue material. The design incorporates a heart-shaped red swoosh that encompasses our slogan "The Premier Website for Valve Replacement Surgery Information and Support." The swoosh begins with a "click" effect. I am still acquiring logos (sponsors) for the back, however Q.A. Services, St. Jude Medical, and Warfarinfo.com (Al Lodwick) have all committed. I added my own Ross Procedure graphic to represent our RP people.

Here's the plan:
1. We need to know how many shirts we're going to order so we can determine the price breaks. Whatever the price, all proceeds (minus production and shipping costs) will go to Hank for website maintenance. Please note that the larger the quantity, the better the unit price. Any quantity is doable as long as people want them at that price. My vendor is very flexible.
2. Please send a private e-mail to me (Perry Anderson) [email protected] including your full name, shipping address, phone number, quantity, and size(s). I believe the sizes are: small, medium, large, xlarge, xxlarge. Also indicate if you would prefer a sweatshirt instead of or in addition to a t-shirt? Remember, the price for a sweatshirt will be higher than a t-shirt. The design will be the same in order to use the same plates.
3. I will keep all information in an off-line database and promise to keep all information confidential.
4. Deadline for the final count will be May 1, 2002. (Hopefully two months is enough lead time for everyone to have a chance to order). I've asked Hank if he can send a global e-mail reminder message to all members when the deadline approaches.
5. After the count is in, we will notify you of the specific prices.
6. We will then confirm your order via private e-mail and request your payment.
7. We will allow 2 weeks to receive payments before production begins.
8. It will take approx. 4 weeks for production time, packing and shipping.

I am still awaiting pricing information to post ballpark numbers.

Also finding out about the type of fabric (100% cotton, etc.) and very large sizes like 4xxx-5xxx.

Thank you for your support of Hank and the valvereplacement.com website.

Shirt Ordering Update

Shirt Ordering Update

Dear vr.com members:

Material: t-shirts will be 100% cotton Fruit of the Loom brand. Sweatshirts are Jerzees Fleece with a "V" patch at the neck (not sure what that really means). I'm getting samples and will post a photograph if there is enough detail.

Prices: sizes S-XL will be $20 per t-shirt (1-50), $17.00 per shirt (51-100) and $30 per sweatshirt (1-25). Prices DO NOT INCLUDE shipping and Illinois sales tax. (I don't believe Hank has tax-exempt status for the website, so I can't avoid the tax).

Other sizes: 3x and 4x sizes are available for an additional fee of roughly $3 to $5 per shirt

Shipping: I will purchase packing materials from OfficeMax and work with a local MailBoxes, etc. and try to get the best price I can for a traceable shipping method. Everyone will be notified via e-mail of their respective shipping costs within the two-week window that your final decision and payment is needed.

Print option: there have been a couple of objections to the "advertising" of sponsors on the backs of the shirts. While I feel this is designed in as more of an appreciation for the sponsors, my printer is very flexible and is willing to produce a few specific shirts without the back print. Unfortunately, they said it would not significantly change the price unless our total order was over 200 shirts. (I don't think we'll make that, even with 350+ vr.com members.) Please notify me if you do not want sponsor logos on the back of your shirt.

Current count: we're close to breaking the 50 barrier and I'm confident we will most likely make 100 shirt orders.

DISCLAIMER: Hank Eyring is the sole owner of this internet support resource and I, Perry Anderson do not have any role as a partner, co-owner or financial sponsor (other than the fact that I have volunteerily paid him some dues and I am solely working on this fundraising effort because I love what he has done!). I am also not in the retail t-shirt or silkscreening business so there is no interest in t-shirt sales beyond this fundraising effort which is specifically meant to help Hank defray costs of operating the website.

Thank you for your support.

PerryA

p.s. please do not send me t-shirt communication via the Private Message option on the site. Use only: [email protected]

Last edited:
3 Week Update

3 Week Update

Total count to date is:
T-shirts (59)
Sweatshirts (15)

Price break at this quantity is $17.00 per tee and $30 per sweat.

If orders keep coming in like they have been for the past three weeks we could make the 100+ price category and the tees would then run $15.00 ea. (I'm trying to save everybody a buck wherever possible!)

I also have a record to report in that one member has ordered eleven shirts! Wow!

Meanwhile, thank you for all your support.

PerryA

p.s. Remember, do not send t-shirt orders via the Private Message option on the site. Use only direct e-mail to: [email protected]

April 1, 2002 Update

April 1, 2002 Update

Greetings,

Below is a photo of the type of t-shirt and sweatshirt we will be getting. Although the photo doesn't do the material much justice, I think you are going to like them. I have asked Hank to post larger images of the front and back designs via the front page of the site.

T-shirts: 100% cotton "Fruit of the Loom" brand. Navy blue only. Front and back print. Sponsor logos on back (optional no back print if you desire. Unfortunately, there is NO DISCOUNT to remove the back print, unless we get our orders above 200). T-shirts are available in Navy 3XL and 4XL, however the brand may not be Fruit of the Loom.

Design Change (Sweatshirts Only).
Sweatshirts: Jerzees Fleece with a "V" patch at the neck. Navy blue only. DESIGN CHANGE: I have decided to go with a front only print. I have been observing many shirt wearers and have noticed that most sweatshirts only have a front print. There will also be a slight savings on the cost of printing these items.

Prices: sizes S-XL will be $17.00 per shirt and $30 per sweatshirt (cost savings for back print not yet available). Prices DO NOT INCLUDE shipping and Illinois sales tax.

Other sizes: 3x and 4x sizes are available for an additional fee of roughly $3 to $5 per shirt

Current count: 72 t-shirt orders. 16 sweatshirt orders.

Shipping: I think the USPS (traceable Priority Mail) will be the most cost efficient way to send the orders. Everyone will be notified via e-mail of their respective shipping costs within the two-week window that your final decision and payment is needed.

Don't forget: THE ORDER WINDOW CLOSES MAY 1.

Thank you again for all your support of this fundraising project for Hank.

PerryA

p.s. the photo doesn't appear to show up in this message. Hank will post with the others.

Last edited:
Back