Surgery date set!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the spirit! My first reaction to the suggestion to walk was "I don't think I can do that." 🤷‍♂️ In the end it was a good walk all right.

Yep, the full suit of attachments (*). I remember it took 2 nurses to carry the jugs, roll the pole and control my unsteady walk. The neck thing was removed later on, right before moving out of ICU.

(*) I felt like an octopus with all these lines/tentacles. But they gradually get removed. Something goes every day.
He doesn't seem nearly as motivated today. He seems like he's feeling depressed. *sigh*

He doesn't seem nearly as motivated today. He seems like he's feeling depressed. *sigh*
I hope that, as things get better day by day, the mood will lift. The surgery is a big "shake", and physique is really down after it. But the blood tests (and chest X-ray results) should be gradually getting better. The stamina should be improving, the range of motion increasing, etc. At first it's almost daily improvements. They slow down in a few weeks, when the body gets closer to normal level of fitness. But it does take a few weeks, give or take.

It's useful to work on the prescribed exercises (walking, spirometer breathing) in a steady way at the level of exertion available now, without forcing or overdoing them.

Back