Still no luck

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctyguy

I posted two days ago about having some blood in my stool and took everyones advice. I gulped down some prune juice yesterday and last night took some Milk of Magnesia. Been up two hours now and still no luck. So Im working on two days without a movement. I hear lots of gurgling so I think things are moving along but here is the thing. If I burp or yawn (big) I get a short and somewhat sharp pain on my left side right under my ribcage. Im assuming things are related, trying to be patient and wait for the movement to arrive, don't want to call the doc with every little thing that I feel. Any suggestions ? Sound like simple constipation to all and I just need to show some patience for the day ?

Im not too worried about the lack of execution on my part at this point, I didn't eat a whole lot yesterday and fully expect things to start flowing at some point. Im more concerned with this repeatable pang Im getting on my left side. Ever experience anything like that before ?

pain medication can cause constipation.

My dr gave me samples of a med that she said causes a problem. I took it for one day (2 pills but recommended dosage is 6 pills/day). It's sposed to help lower bad cholesterol and the name is WelChol. She's getting the samples back.

Pain on the lower right side can be the large intestine (the secum), but not the left. Keep your eye on that pain. Could be gas but over there? If it continues, a visit to your dr is probly in order. There is rx med he/she can give you or find out what is causing that pain.

Blessins.............

My 'suggestion' is to give it one more day.

If NO results by Thursday morning, call your PCP and ask to be seen Thursday or Friday at the latest. Your only option for treatment on the weekend is the ER.

'AL Capshaw'

update

update

well there is a small success to report. Not wanting to be overly graphic but really don't have much choice. Just had a small movement, very loose and kinda dark but no blood evident, thats a big relief. The pain Im getting is on the left side, right under the rib cage, first felt it yesterday so Im thinking its related to the digestive track. Going to give it another day and see if it subsides. Not killing me at this point, only gets me if I burp or a REALLY big yawn. I will do the M of M thing again tonight and see if by tomorrow its gone, if not I will hitup the doc for a quick check. Thanks all !

You may have some pleural effusion going on. Best to take thee self to the Doctor and perhaps get an xray to rule it out.

If the stool is getting dark, I would vote for going to your doctor and bringing a stool sample with you. Joe had bleeding in his intestines, and his stools were dark, and loose. Not that I want to worry you, but this has been bothering you for a while. I think at least a call to the doctor is in order.

Pain meds are notorious for constipation, which is a good reason to go off them asap.

Thanks Nancy...

I'm going to put a call into my doc and see what he says. Like I said I didn't see any blood in the stool. Two days ago the stool was a lighter brown but there was blood, more than just on the paper but not tons. Now no blood but dark and loose stool. Two days ago I took two stool softeners in the early evening, yesterday 1 stool softener, a shot of prune juice and some M of M. Also been drinking tons of water and eating foods easy to digest. So Im not suprised that my stool was very loose but I still think its worth the call. I will try to get him on the phone today and see what his thoughts are.

Back