Simon "Bonzo Dog" Applegate 06/02/1954-09/05/2009

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Condolences to Simon's family on their loss. I too will remember him by his crazy avatar that always made me laugh,and his wonderful sense of humor. He will be missed. His family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

The day he showed up in the croc outfit, we knew Bonzo Dog would fit right in here in the zoo. :) He had a wonderful sense of humor -- expect a text message from Saint Peter stating "LMAO" any minute. :p His political perspective and mine were different, to say the least, and we crossed swords a few times. In the end, I think we were friends -- I considered him one, and I valued his wit and wisdom. God rest his eternal soul, and blessings for Linda and other loved ones who remain on this earth and who cherish their memories of Simon.

I'm so very sorry to read of Simon's passing. It is just so very sad. He did have a great sense of humor and it will be greatly missed. Please pass along my condolences to his family.

Kim

With you

With you

Aw Ross sorry to hear about Simon RIP. 3 good soldiers that I served with died this week so I feel your pain.
Jorsarge

Its frustrating to see someone who shined so bright to be taken from us. Simon will be sincerely missed. My deepest condolences to his wife and family.

I am sadden to hear this news. My thoughts are with Linda, Simon and their family. This type of news seems to be announced far to frequently. My prayers to all.

Linda, this is very sad news indeed. BonzoDog was funny and encouraging. Please accept my condolences.

Oh just look at our Bonzo Dog in the wedding photo when he and Linda married. Thanks for that Bina.. What a lovely family the Applegates made.

Simon was a wonderful person, a genuine guy who stood by his convictions in the face of adversity until he just didn't have anymore fight in him. He came back briefly to say "thanks" for our good wishes on his surgery, but that he wouldn't come back again.. and he won't.. and for that, I am sad.

Heartfelt condolences go to his 'girls'..

What a beautiful photo, Bina. Thank you for posting that. Having only recently joined the VR.com family I did not "know" Simon but I have gotten a sense of the wonderful person that he was through all the loving tributes that all of his friends here have posted. I want to offer Linda, his daughters, and the rest of his family and friends my deepest condolences on loss of their beloved Simon. May he rest in peace.

Nadine

Sad news

Sad news

My deepest condolences to Simon's family. I am truly sad to hear of his death. Despite his own condition, Simon was a source of comfort for many others here who have valve disease and endocarditis. He helped me through one or two moments of fear and I will miss his emails and sense of humor amidst very difficult moments.

God bless.

Rick

deepest condolences, Linda and family. We have been missing him while he's away. He's not far, you know. Thank you for letting us be a part of your lives.

Back