SILK - soy product

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hensylee

For those of you watching your weight, cholesterol and saturated fat intake. I found a new (to me) product the other day in the dairy section with the coffee creamers. It is called SILK and is a soy product. It has no cholesterol, 2% fat (non-saturated), and tastes like cream. I used it for my coffee, but last night, baked a potato (microwave) and added it to the potato, smushed it in and it tasted just like regular mashed potatoes. The price for a pint is under a dollar (79 cents, I think) but once it becomes popular, bet the price will UP!

Thought I'd add that the SILK frozen ice-cream is to die for!

Thanks, Perry - I have not had ice cream in my house for a LOOOONG time (except when sister came early this year, bought some, left about a spoonful that I had to give to the dog) and now I will look for SILK ice cream - is it about the same as the creamer? No saturated fat and made from soy?

Silk ice cream is good. As are the "ice cream" sandwiches called Tofuti Cuties. They are made with soy/tofu ice cream and are great!

L I B! I live in the deep south in an itty bitty town and the only grocery stores (chain) are Winn Dixie and Walmart. WinnDixie is about to close up and Walmart is limited in what they carry - but I am gonna look - and then ask the managers to stock this. Tks

SILK

SILK

Sounds great, does the ice cream come in different flavors?
fdeg

Silk

Silk

I like the "Silk Vanilla Soymilk" which I can get in the half gallon container at our local Super WalMart or at Albertson's. (Our town is perhaps 85,000 population; university town; more health nuts and retirees.)
"Rich in Natural Isoflavones" it states on the container.
Best wishes,
Don
AVR; 4/02; CCF; Cosgrove; Bovine Tissue

Back