Remembering 9-11

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILoVeNY25

I saw that no one has posted on this event, Even though it's quite early here. I woke up at 7 and can't keep my eyes off the TV and can't keep the tears from rolling down my face. I'm going to a church memorial later this evening, to remember the victims and heroes of 9-11-01.

A Message to Remember

Let us not relive the tragic images
Let us not revist the horror, the fear, and agony.
Let us not forget the importance of our daily lives.
Let us not become surrounded in
commercialized memorials of such a painful day.

Let us thank the heroes of past and present.
Let us appreciate the love from eachother, the guidance,
the support.
Let us remember that each day is precious and each soul
is devine.

Let us forever feel the unity we have gained
with our brothers and sisters around the world.
With love we grow stonger.

God Bless America! We will never forget.

God Bless America. Let us always remember.

This is a special day and should become a national memorial day forever.

Thinking of you over here

Thinking of you over here

I didn't want to start this thread, but I guess the homepage to the site makes it difficult to forget the events of 9/11 even here on our site

I'd like all my heart buddies on the other side of the pond to know that we are thinking of you and praying for you here today. Even as I type this, a rembrance service is taking place in St. Pauls Cathedral in London and the media here is completely full of images and recollections of that terrible day.

God bless America

Simon

Neither did I want to start this thread, but we owe it to our little 'un to get right in here as she has done. I was NOT going to watch TV today at all, I was NOT going to watch the whole thing again - after all, I saw it and suffered through it one year ago today as all of you did. I was going to do my own remembering very quietly with no TV to bring it fresh and new again. BUT, the best laid plans..............well, you know. I, too, am having trouble not watching all the memorials, including those from England. All so tasteful and so beautiful. All bringing new tears. All bringing the celebration of each life that is no longer with us.

I know that each member here has today on his/her mind and are memorializing in his/her own way, so not to worry, Nicole, if they don't post. We know where their hearts and minds are. Just can't help but be where ours are.

Last edited:
hi all!
joey and i actually boarded an airplane today (from syracuse to laguardia) to return home from a few days up in the thousand islands, near canada, fishing! what were we thinking? we opted not to do the long drive.... the airports, needless to say, were empty_ no one flying today!
last year on this day, joey and i were downtown for pre-op ( his surgery was supposed to be done on sept. 12th), and we were stranded in nyc for hours. how lucky we felt that this thing joey had was fixable and, in the scheme of things, seemed very small. to this day i tell him that it has been such a horrible year for most new yorkers, but for us it has been a difficult but really good year. we are so thankful.
my dad sent me this email and i thought i'd share it with you (although from what i've learned about each and every one of you, you already think this way...):

<<
This hasn't been broken since September 11;
please keep it going.... this poem has been kept
alive and moving since that time.
In memory of all those who perished this morning; the
passengers and the pilot on the United Air and AA
flights, the workers in the World Trade Centre and the
Pentagon, and all the innocent bystanders. Our
prayers go out to the friends and families of the
deceased...

IF I KNEW

If I knew it would be the last time that I'd see you
fall asleep I would tuck you in more tightly and pray
the Lord, your soul to keep.

If I knew it would be the last time that I see you
walk out the door,
I would give you a hug and kiss and call you back
for one more.

If I knew it would be the last time I'd hear your
voice lifted up in praise, I would video tape each
action and word so I could play them back day after
day.

If I knew it would be the last time I could spare an
extra minute, to stop and say "I LOVE YOU" instead of
assuming you would know I do.

If I knew it would be the last time I would be there
to share your day, Well I'm sure you'll have so many
more, so I can let just this one slip away.

For surely there's always tomorrow to make up for an
oversight, and we always get a second chance to make
everything just right.

There will always be another day to say "I love you",
and certainly there's another chance to say our
"anything I can do?"

But just in case I might be wrong and today is all I
get, I'd like to say how much I love you and I hope
we never forget.

Tomorrow is not promised to anyone, young or old
alike, and today may be the last chance you get to
hold your loved one tight.

So if you're waiting for tomorrow, why not do it
today?
For if tomorrow never comes, you'll surely regret the
day.

That you didn't take extra time for a smile, a hug,
or a kiss and you were too busy to grant someone, what
turned out to be their one last wish.

So hold your loved ones close today and whisper in
their ear, tell them how much you love them and that
you'll always hold them dear.

Take time to say "I'm sorry," "Please forgive me,"
"Thank You," or "It's OK"
And if tomorrow never comes, you'll have no regrets
about today.

hope you are all well,
sylvia

I sat in a movie theater watching "Schindler's List," asked myself, "Why didn't the Jews fight back?"

Now I know why.

I sat in a movie theater, watching "Pearl Harbor" and asked myself, "Why weren't we prepared?"

Now I know why.

Civilized people cannot fathom, much less predict, the actions of evil people.

On September 11, dozens of capable airplane passengers allowed themselves to be overpowered by a handful of poorly armed terrorists because they did not comprehend the depth of hatred that motivated their captors.

On September 11, thousands of innocent people were murdered because too many Americans naively reject the reality that some nations are dedicated to the dominance of others. Many political pundits, pacifists and media personnel want us to forget the carnage. They say we must focus on the bravery of the rescuers and ignore the cowardice of the killers. They implore us to understand the motivation of the perpetrators. Major television stations have announced they will assist the healing process by not replaying devastating footage of the planes crashing into the Twin Towers.

I will not be manipulated.

I will not pretend to understand.

I will not forget.

I will not forget the liberal media who abused freedom of the press to kick our country when it was vulnerable and hurting.

I will not forget that CBS anchor Dan Rather preceded President Bush's address to the nation with the snide remark, "No matter how you feel about him, he is still our president."

I will not forget that ABC TV anchor Peter Jennings questioned President Bush's motives for not returning immediately to Washington, DC and commented, "We're all pretty skeptical and cynical about Washington."

And I will not forget that ABC's Mark Halperin warned if reporters weren't informed of every little detail of this war, they aren't "likely -- nor should they be expected -- to show deference."

I will not isolate myself from my fellow Americans by pretending an attack on the USS Cole in Yemen was not an attack on the United States of America.

I will not forget the Clinton administration equipped Islamic terrorists and their supporters with the world's most sophisticated telecommunications equipment and encryption technology, thereby compromising America's ability to trace terrorist radio, cell phone, land lines, faxes and modem communications.

I will not be appeased with pointless, quick retaliatory strikes like those perfected by the previous administration.

I will not be comforted by "feel-good, do nothing" regulations like the silly "Have your bags been under your control?" question at the airport.

I will not be influenced by so called,"antiwar demonstrators" who exploit the right of expression to chant anti-American obscenities.

I will not forget the moral victory handed the North Vietnamese by American war protesters who reviled and spat upon the returning soldiers, airmen, sailors and Marines.

I will not be softened by the wishful thinking of pacifists who chose reassurance over reality.

I will embrace the wise words of Prime Minister Tony Blair who told Labor Party conference, "They have no moral inhibition on the slaughter of the innocent. If they could have murdered not 7,000 but 70,000, does anyone doubt they would have done so and rejoiced in it?

There is no compromise possible with such people, no meeting of minds, no point of understanding with such terror. Just a choice: defeat it or be defeated by it. And defeat it we must!"

I will force myself to:

-hear the weeping
-feel the helplessness
-imagine the terror
-sense the panic
-smell the burning flesh
- experience the loss
- remember the hatred.

I sat in a movie theater, watching "Private Ryan" and asked myself, "Where did they find the courage?"

Now I know.

We have no choice. Living without liberty is not living.

-- Ed Evans, MGySgt., USMC (Ret.)
Not as lean, Not as mean, But still a Marine.

Hi Everyone,

The biggest hurdle I had on September 11, 2002 was going to work in downtown Chicago. I boarded the train and thought WOW! I remembered a year ago when by 9:15am my time they told all of the Chicago downtown area to evacuate. By 10:00am our train was taking us back home. I was reflecting on a year ago with such a sadness. When I got to work, my niece from Alabama had emailed me the following and I wanted to share it with you.

When Tomorrow Starts Without me

> > A message not to be broken...
> >
> > When Tomorrow Starts Without Me
> >
> > When tomorrow starts without me
> > And I'm not there to see
> > If the sun should rise and find your eyes
> > All filled with tears for me.
> >
> > I wish so much you wouldn't cry
> > The way you did today
> > While thinking of the many things
> > We didn't get to say.
> >
> > I know how much you love me,
> > As much as I love you,
> > And each time that you think of me
> > I know you'll miss me too
> >
> > But when tomorrow starts without me
> > Please try to understand
> > That an angel came and called my name
> > And took me by the hand
> >
> > And said my place was ready
> > In heaven far above
> > And that I'd have to leave behind
> > All those I dearly love
> >
> > But when I walked through heaven's gates
> > I felt so much at home
> > When God looked down and smiled at me
> > From His great golden throne
> >
> > He said, "This is eternity
> > And all I've promised you
> > Today for life on earth is past
> > But here it starts anew.
> >
> > I promise no tomorrow
> > For today will always last,
> > And since each day's the same way
> > There's no longing for the past.
> >
> > So when tomorrow starts without me
> > Don't think we're far apart,
> > For every time you think of me
> > I'm right here in your heart.
> >
> > This moment of silence message is dedicated to all the thousands
of
> > innocent people who died in the horrible incident that took place
on
> > Tues. Sept. 11, 2001.

on 9-11

on 9-11

I was at home still waiting on the surgery two days later. I had my aortic valve replacement on 09-13-01. So you know how I felt when surgery was over and there was still talk on the television. Be glad to get home to my cable. I was not sure how to feel this day on the 09-11-02. So I just rememberesd those who died for our freedom. They were the innocent ones. Thank the Lord that we are still here to keep freedom going.

Caroline
09-13-01
Aortic valve replacement
St. Jude's valve

Back