Post Aortic valve replacement. Are roller coasters safe to ride?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait - they’re trained? I thought they pushed a button.
I got training on how to push that button. ;-)

you omitted to mention mopping vomit out of the rides (from that last extra 26oz cup of coke and an extra hot dog in summer just as you head for the ride), probably because you're being nice.

I got training on how to push that button. ;-)

you omitted to mention mopping vomit out of the rides (from that last extra 26oz cup of coke and an extra hot dog in summer just as you head for the ride), probably because you're being nice.
If I were an engineer, I’d build a floor drain into each car and install a power washer in the loading bay.

Then, once I’m done spraying down the tourists, the cars would be easy clean up.

Broken ribs DO hurt. I broke three last year, and may have cracked a couple last week.

As far as the rules for riding the roller coaster - these are probably all CYA on the ride operator's part. It's designed so that they can't be sued for anything that happens on the ride.

There was an incident a few days ago of roller coaster in Wisconsin, USA being stuck with the passengers upside down. It took 3 hours before the last passengers were rescued. I wonder if that would change the pressure gradient across the heart valves and thereby cause any problems?
https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/04/us/wisconsin-roller-coaster-riders-stuck/index.html
Probably wont be good, but 3 hours upside down would be bad for most people. Probably more so for the mother.

Back