Pilot Licence Medical Certificate

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave

Hi Guys
In August 2000 I had a mitral valve replaced with a St judes mechanical. My recovery was text book, and I have not had any problems since. I work as an Aircraft Broker and after the surgery the Authoritys revoked my medical certificate and I was grounded.
Two and a half years later, I have just been recertified and am flying again, its the best Christmas present I could hope for.
Many thanks to Marty Thomas and Allodwick who provided me with some information, and great encouragement that stopped me from just giving up the fight to fly again.
All the best to everyone for Christmas

Dave, what all is the FAA putting you through to get your medical cert back? This has been an ongoing discussion between all of us pilots and instructors for a long time now. Could you possibly help us put this to rest? Which class medical-3rd?

Congratulations! I wish I was in physical shape to go back up, but I've got too many secondary issues and there is no way they'd let me be a pilot in command again.

Duh, just realized your from New Zealand. Oh well, tell me the story anyway please.

Back