PFO Closure Experience

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ichnur

Hello,
This is likely a little silly, reading through the forum and seeing how many people have gone though crazy surgeries and multiple valve replacements, but I am looking for a little input from someone who had a PFO repair. I ended up here because i also have a valve issue that was discovered during testing. The procedure seems a lot less bad than what most everyone in this forum deals with, but i am still a little scared about effects on the heart afterwards etc. I had a mild stroke at 45 (loss of speech and fine motor skills) and recovered rather quickly. Doctors found through testing that i have a PFO that should be repaired to avoid a second stroke. It is rather small, but repair is recommended regardless. They also found a quadricuspid aorta valve, but after two TEE's i was told the valve should not be an issue right now since it is working correctly. They will just keep an eye on it. However, after the doctor i was working with left (2 hour drive away) now i am being send to a new doctor that is a 7 hour drive away, and i am just honestly a little concerned after reading about irregular heartbeats and such after procedures and while driving home etc. I feel very "healthy" at the moment and i am on blood thinners, and i am a little scared that the procedure could do more bad than good. But obviously that might just be me being a chicken and the long term benefits are more important......Anybody on here that had the cufflink PFO repair and would tell me about their experience?

Hey,

When I was getting my bicuspid valve replaced with a mechanical valve they also closed a VSD (which was known before surgery) but will they were operating on me they found a PFO which hadn’t been picked up and they closed it up too.

Not sure I notice any difference around that more notice the heart clicking now.

Hey,

When I was getting my bicuspid valve replaced with a mechanical valve they also closed a VSD (which was known before surgery) but will they were operating on me they found a PFO which hadn’t been picked up and they closed it up too.

Not sure I notice any difference around that more notice the heart clicking now.
Thank you for sharing.

Hey,

Sometimes, during a surgery, other issues can be found, and your surgeon can go ahead and correct or take out. Good thing for it can save a life.

Latest posts

Back