P90x

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lyn, I took your advice and ordered the P90X on QVC. Sitting in that hospital room gave me way to much time to do online shopping. Now, I figure I should eat myself silly because when I go home it has to stop and I have to start the program.
James, how is the program going for you? Will you post a before and after pic showing us your six pack abs?

Let me know how it goes and if you like it after the first few days. Maybe if you like it I might try some of the different sections (I have a bad back so can't do alot of things) So did you get it on easy pay :)

Last edited:
So being the cheap guy that I am I have now done 5 of 7 days for the last three weeks on the On Demand Freebies. I have lost 10 lbs and have gained back at least the strength I lost from surgery. On Friday I found myself jumping off the loading dock at work to go out and greet a customer rather than taking the stairs. I was about to hit the stairs when I thought oh yea I am in better shape now....

So being the cheap guy that I am I have now done 5 of 7 days for the last three weeks on the On Demand Freebies. I have lost 10 lbs and have gained back at least the strength I lost from surgery. On Friday I found myself jumping off the loading dock at work to go out and greet a customer rather than taking the stairs. I was about to hit the stairs when I thought oh yea I am in better shape now....
Wow that is great. it is a shame the program is so expensive I only could afford it because of the way payments are broken down over months (with out interest on qvc) I was wonderring if you want to buy more of it, have you checked EBAY? I am betting there are others who bought it , don't use it and get annoyed when they walk by and see it. admit defeat and admit they will never use it again.so sell it used for less on ebay just to get some of their money back. (we are still at the -hope someday when there is more time, or feel better, it is winter and bored trapped in the house.. any excuse we can think of not to use it NOW- lol one of us might do it phase, or I'd give you ours )

James, that is great. It sounds like it is really working for you!!! Keep it up.
Lyn, I think QVC broke it up into two payments for me. I think it all came to about $120. Can you tell that I am really into details? I thought it would be here yesterday because I got an email saying it had shipped. But, it gives me another day to be lazy! This whole surgery has really done a number on my workout routine. I usually go to the Y every day, but since returning home I can't seem to get myself to go. We are such creatures of habit and once that habit is broken, so hard to get it back. Today is a beautiful day here, so I think I will go for a nice long walk at the park in the early evening. How about you? Do you walk? The only thing that makes walking bearable for me is having good music on my ipod. I would much prefer to do classes like step, spinning, etc. Is it warm down there now? Well, if it comes in the mail tomorrow, I will begin on Tuesday, so I will let you know how it goes. I would think people are selling it on ebay. Might be good to check it out.

Ebay is notorious for copied Chinese DVD's and it looks like this product is worse than usual. I do a lot of Ebay trading and am staying away from the program from there. After we paint the house I'll buy it.

I have been doing the "Insanity" cardio program, also from beach body. I started it in April and got half way through it before I had to have surgery on my toe but managed to lose 15 pounds. The great thing about it is you don't need any equipment and I can do it on the road. I can tell you that every workout I am dripping in sweat. My wife actually ordered it for herself and I thought it would be "gimmicky" but I am sold.

I have been doing the "Insanity" cardio program, also from beach body. I started it in April and got half way through it before I had to have surgery on my toe but managed to lose 15 pounds. The great thing about it is you don't need any equipment and I can do it on the road. I can tell you that every workout I am dripping in sweat. My wife actually ordered it for herself and I thought it would be "gimmicky" but I am sold.

Funny you mention that. I was watching it on QVC in the middle of the night last night. I liked how you don't need any equipment and just a little space. Are you doing the nutritional part of it too?

Actually without adjusting my diet too drastically I managed the weight loss. We started for Lent this year to get a healthier lifestyle and really watched what we ate. I only lost about five pounds doing this and didn't start dropping pounds until I started "Insanity". I didn't tell my cardiologist that I was doing a program called "insanity". Wasn't sure how he would feel about it. My AS is so far able to handle it but there are times in the program where I do need to take an additional rest but that just may be a fitness issue.

Well, my P90X came in the mail today, so I have no excuse not to get started. That "Insanity" sounds pretty good. I will have to look it up. Lyn, I will let you know how it goes, but if you have a bad back you better be careful. Do you do Pilates at all? That has helped my back tremendously. When I am stiff and then do a class, it loosens me right up.

Hi James,
Good luck with your exercise program. I am afraid it's my back that limits me these days, not the heart! I am one who was used to working out and being in good shape. I have managed to maintain some physical fitness, but not like before. I do very light weights and some floor exercises for the tummy. I also walk (briskly) 2 to three miles mostly every day.

This exercise program sounds like fun, but please don't do too much too soon!

Well, my P90X came in the mail today, so I have no excuse not to get started. That "Insanity" sounds pretty good. I will have to look it up. Lyn, I will let you know how it goes, but if you have a bad back you better be careful. Do you do Pilates at all? That has helped my back tremendously. When I am stiff and then do a class, it loosens me right up.

I probably couldn't do much of the things at all. I tend to have to pick and choose bits of things, I can't really/shouldn't bend too much (beside the pain I have a wire up my spine for a stimulator..that doesn't work. its kind of annoying. but there are so many different kinds of excercises I figure I should be able to do some of it

Latest posts

Back