NASCAR Fans?!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Perrster

My wife's cousin, Kurt Busch has won two consecutive NASCAR Winston Cup races! Awesome!!!

It's funny, but I didn't know jack about NASCAR until we met Kurt a few years ago at his parent's home in Las Vegas. The sport is BIG and getting BIGGER!!

Sure is fun to watch and witness family doing so well in this new national pastime. The World Series was ok, but Mr. Bonds' attitude stinks more than the Bears and I couldn't stand to watch either one of them!

Cheers!

That's exciting Perry.

My SIL is a advid Nascar spectator. I have attened the Indy 500. Though, it's actually easier to watch on TV. In person the cars are traveling so darn fast they look like a streak of light!

PS. How's "Marilyn";) We went to Greek Town saturday night. If I didn't know better..... think I may have been born into a Greek family. I love the food. We will have to take a trip down there for dinner. It's a good time.

Perry, bet you didn't know that car racing is the most watched/attended sport there is! My son-in-law has a nephew in racing and they all go and love it (well, except my daughter). Congratulations to your wife's cousin on his accomplishments - am sure he worked hard to get there.

NASCAR don't make it up here to the Pacific Northwest, but I've been known to watch it on TV. If they came up here I'd definitely check it out.

I used to go to the Formula 1 races when I was in Phoenix..saw Alain Prost and Ayrton Senna win there. Also a hard-core NHRA fan.

Go Kurt Busch!

Last edited:
Racing

Racing

Perry, The Atlanta 500 was canceled yesterday due to heavy rain. Heard on the news it was after midnight before traffic jams eased up outside Atlanta. My son went last year..Camped..just went back to camp site and waited a few hours for traffic to ease. My hubby told me today ..he saw an interview with Barry Bonds and what an awful attitude he had..NASCAR is big in Georgia..where it all started with moonshine runners from the Georgia Mountains carrying liquor to Atlanta.:D :cool: Bonnie

No, they didn't cancell the race...it was delayed and then rained out , but they had gone more than half the distance so it counted.

I LOVE NASCAR...racing in general. I'm a Little E fan, but I love most all the driver and the teams. I grew up in a racing family and Indy drivers were my movie stars. I used to work SCCA races...tech inspection and timing and scoring. I would love to go to the Petty driving school and actually try out one of those Winston cars...heck I'd be thrilled to try a Busch car.

My son just started racing (econo stocks) on a dirt track. He built the car and does all the repairs himself. He did OK for his first year of racing. My wife who doesn't like any sports has become a racing fanatic. My son was an avid Earnhardt fan and was at Daytona when Dale perrished. He now is a fan of Dale's son.

NASCAR, CART, IRL: Go fast, turn left. Wow. How exciting. Snooze-o-rama. Just because you live in Indy doesn't make you a racing fan.

Great sense of humor!

Great sense of humor!

Mara,

I always get a kick out of your posts and your clever phraseology. Keep it up, girl. Didn't I see you on the Zanie's Comedy Club schedule?

You WILL be attending the Chicago Reunion next year. Right?

The Gina, Lorraine and PerryA committee is already on it.

Cheers!

No Zanies for me. Go fast, turn left is an oldie around these parts.

I will certainly try to make it to Chi, but who knows.

Auto racing has lost it's appeal for me. Living in Indy you get racing shoved down your throat and I know too many Andrettis, John Andretti's sister, Carolyn, and I are friends. She's a lawyer, too.
But, I am glad someone out there likes it, it keeps Indy in business. I have to say that NASCAR fans do really seem to care about what happens in those races. The Indy 500 crowd is a bunch of drunk rednecks. I think the strategy of Formula One racing is lost on Americans and will never be very successful here. David is a fan of F-1, like most Europeans, he gets the whole idea behind team racing.
I can watch that Rally Sport stuff, seems like real skill involved. Oval track racing is just so dang boring. Then there is the whole controversy over open wheel racing and stock cars. Like who cares, it's all the same, just different cars. They all go in a cricle for 3 hours. We always say that the best parts of the race end up on t.v. anyway: the start, the crashes and the end, so who needs a ticket? Stay home, go to the pool, have a cook-out and enjoy the day.

Back