medical bracelet sensitivity

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Christine

does anyone have sensitive skin with regards to the medic alert bracelets? i've always had sensitive skin to metals.. (tried piercing my ears back in the day but would always irritate my ears..) i bought one from medic alert and since it's made to not easily come off, i wear it 24/7... and of course, i break out in a rash around it.. has anyone found a type that is made for people with sensitive skin? thanks

chris

I haven't seen any yet, but that's because I never looked for any. I'm doing some shopping myself, so I'll let you know what I find, if anything. :)

Christine,

check out Medic Alert they are in California.

I have been wearing one of theirs since 1997, and it has a twist-o-flex band and I believe that is made of stainless steel and some sort of monel. I also had problems with my first one which was silver and caused a rash.

Good Luck

I have had allergic reactions to earrings that aren't gold. I even used to wear silver, but have allergic reactions to that too. I have gold earrings that I wear 24-7 and they dont' bother me. I wear a watch that has a leather band and wear it really loose.

Have you tried gold, I have heard that most people allergic to the other metals don't have a problem with gold.

FAYE

Treat yourself to a nice one....

Treat yourself to a nice one....

Christine--I originally bought one of the rhodium bracelets. At the time I wanted sterling, but the medic alert rep said that if I am on coumadin, not to get sterling due to corrosion. (And I realized what she meant after a pair of good sterling earrings basically disintegrated!) Anyway, the rhodium one made me itch at times and also became somewhat corroded and icky looking. Then Medic Alert had a special on the "designer" ones, and I bought a gold one (14 K) that I now never take off, except for cleaning. I love it--it doesn't bother me, looks like nice jewelry (it really is, might put a tiny diamond in the snake's eye!), and I don't feel self conscious about it. Might be a nice christmas present for you! Good luck---Susan:cool:

hi christine!
i have heard that some folks are sensitive to metals that are not gold.
gold, however, must be more costly. worth it though, no?
hope you can resolve this one...
stay well, sylvia

Back