Mara...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jean

Mara, I just noticed that you are from Zionsville, IN. How small our world is. My great grandparents lived there during the 30's through the mid 50's. My great grandfather was the superintendent of schools there. My dad worked for Panhandle Pipeline Co. just south of the town, but it has changed names since and I don't know what it is now. I lived in Indianapolis just east of the track. Howdy neighbor!

Jean-
Cool!
Z-ville is a cool place.
The pipeline place is still called Panhandle Eastern as far as I know. I drive by there a lot. If it's changed names you'd never know, although that neighborhood has changed. Living just east of the track must have been exciting, and profitable if you let race fans park in your yard as so many neighbors do at race time.

So how did a nice Indiana girl end up in Michigan?

Went to college at Bowling Green State University in Ohio, met husband who took a job up here after positions in Ohio and Indiana. I like Michigan...always have been weird!

Michigan is a weird place.
I spent some time at MSU and have to say that Lansing is not a very pretty town or a very friendly town. Not a good representative of the people of Michigan.

Anyway, the winters in Michigan are way too harsh for me. I couldn't stand it, all that gray, and snow that never melts. Too depressing.

I'll stick with boring old Indiana weather. a little snow, a little ice, and then it melts.

Back