loss of a pet

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

cookie

This has nothing to do with heart problems or maybe it does because mine is breaking. My daughter & I just returned from having to put down our oldest dog. She was 17 and a mutt but she won our hearts the day she just showed up in our yard and stayed. Her name was Lady because that is what she always was. She will be sorely missed.

http://rainbowsbridge.com

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

I'm sorry to hear of your loss Cookie.

Pets are as much a part of our lives as people are.
I've lost quite a few myself, so I know what it's like. :(

Dear Cookie,

I am so sorry about the loss of your beloved dog Lady. I know the feeling and the pain it causes of having to put a much beloved pet to sleep. Have been there several times with both a dog (Great Dane) and a much beloved cat. (I am a persian cat lover)
We have 4 cats left but they are getting older. The oldest one will be 16 and the rest is all 11. I don't want to think about the day that I have to do what you did today. My heart will be broken too.
Know that I am thinking of you.

Hugs,

Christina
Congenital Aortic Stenosis
AVR's 8/7/00 & 8/18/99
St. Jude's Mechanical

Dear Cookie

I was sorry to hear of your loss, and have been there myself. Lady sounds like she was a great member of the family, and you showed her a great gesture of love to minimize her suffering.

I've had to do this with 2 cats, and they're at the rainbow bridge right now, frolicking in the sunshine.

Condolences to you and your family.

Johnny

Dear Cookie,
My sympathy on the loss of your beloved Lady. I know she was a part of your family and the loss is tough. But you know she is a better place. Native Americans call it "the Happy Hunting Ground." I am sure Lady is looking out for you and can't wait to meet up with you again.
I know how devestating the loss of a beloved pet can be. I lost my sweet cat Panda right after I started law school. (Just after we lost our other cat Ms. Kitty and our airdale Erin.) But, she still comes to talk to me in my dreams, so I know she is looking out for me.
-Mara:(

Dear Cookie-

I'm so sorry for your loss. Pets are truly members of the family. We have 4 cats, one 19 years old and a dog, who's one year old. We had to have our little Shih Tzu put down, just before Joe's last heart surgery. Boggs was his close companion. It was very, very difficult, and we still miss his little presence.

Now we have Harriet, another little Shih Tzu. She's a character and very different from Boggs. A little person in her own tight. She keeps us laughing.

Thinking of you

Sorry about your loss

Sorry about your loss

I know what you are feeling..Like Nancy our beloved Shih Tzu Ti died 2 years ago..He had traveled all over with us...But when they get down and out you have to let them go..In return our daughter bought us a Pappillon (Butterfly dog)..What energy...keeps us young just walking him... Bonnie

hi cookie!
i was so sorry to hear about your loss. we've been through that twice in the last 15 yrs or so and now have our third golden, sophie, who is 1 1/2 (we got her right after losing our last golden), and our brand new baby, a mini-poodle (red one) named lily, 3 months old. they are truly like my children, so i can totally relate to how you must be feeling. you must be heart-broken.
i just wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts. hope the pain eases with time.
be well, sylvia

I want to thank everyone for your kind thoughts and sharing on the loss of a pet. We have had to put down 2 kitties and my beloved poodle mix, Shadow and it never gets any easier. We have 2 kitties, Kitty Girl & Kitty Boy (original?) a Lab/Chow mix. Ebony, a Shih Tzu, CiCi and a new little stray mix, Sophie. The kitties are up in years so we will go through this again. Sometimes I wonder why I put myself through this all the time, but they add immeasureable love and joy to our lives. To quote one of Garth Brooks songs.......

Looking back on the memory of the dance we shared, beneath the stars above.
For a moment all the world was right, how was I to know that you'd ever say goodbye?
And now I'm glad I didn't know the way it all would end, the way it all would go.
Our lives are better left to chance, I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance. The Dance - (Garth Brooks)

hi cookie!
i agree with you in that it is worth the love and pain to have to go through this sometimes in order to reap the benefits of having pets. the plusses outweigh the minusses by far.
my mother would never let us have a dog when my brothers and i were growing up. she had lost her puppy who used to meet her at the end of the school day every day. the bus hit her puppy right before her eyes!! talk about trauma!
so, she wanted to save her own children the pain of losing a dog. needless to say, we begged and begged for years, to no avail.
i would take that pain anyday now that i know what it's like to have pets. my brother and i both have dogs and laugh about how "deprived" we were as kids. it's also a really good learning experience, i think, for kids_ loss of a loved one, etc.
hope you are feeling a little bit better with each new day.
be well, sylvia

I'm a firm believer that pets teach children compassion for other living things. I think every child should have one.

Dear Cookie:

I am an absolute sap when it comes to pets and my two cocker spaniels, Jesse and Molly, are the most important little beings in my life. It's amazing how much a little pet fills up a home and how empty that home feels when they are gone.

I lost two dogs through my childhood (Spotty, a mutt and my first dog; and Teddy, a silver miniature poodle) and when I had to put my dearest Emily, my cocker spaniel of 14 1/2 years, to sleep in
September 1996, it was the hardest and saddest thing I have endured in my life. She is buried in our back yard and her picture is on my desk at work and there isn't a day goes by I don't think of her and ache.

I was always impressed by the Gandhi quote at the end of your messages; absolutely how I judge the character of any human being is how they treat animals-- those innocent beings who have no words and depend on the goodness of humans for their well-being.

The pain of losing our sweet furkids never goes away; it just goes to a quieter place in our hearts as time goes by. But, oh, how we do hope there is in fact a Rainbow Bridge where we will one day be together again!

Dear Cookie,

My heart is heavy for you. I have had to put down animals who had gotten to sick. Each time one of them dies a piece of me dies with them. I know the feelings, they are so close to us. Know that in your heart they will always be with you. martha

Back