In Network vs Out of Network

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jag004

Hello, this is totally a curiosity question, and not for any other reason besides that.

When it comes to health insurance, how do some of you go-to Cleveland Clinic or Mayo Clinic, or any of the other famous institutions for heart surgery ?

I had two surgeries so far and they were at Thomas Jefferson Hospital and Pennsylvania Hospital, both in Philadelphia......mainly because they were in network hospitals for me, for insurance purposes.

I wonder if my insurance would have paid for one of the more famous heart hospitals.

Hello, this is totally a curiosity question, and not for any other reason besides that.

When it comes to health insurance, how do some of you go-to Cleveland Clinic or Mayo Clinic, or any of the other famous institutions for heart surgery ?

I had two surgeries so far and they were at Thomas Jefferson Hospital and Pennsylvania Hospital, both in Philadelphia......mainly because they were in network hospitals for me, for insurance purposes.

I wonder if my insurance would have paid for one of the more famous heart hospitals.
When you have company insurance, it costs to go out of network clinic or hospital. In network, not so bad on cost.

Simply check with your insurance plan to see if the hospital/provider is in-network or not. If not in-network and you have out-of-network coverage (e.g. you have a PPO), then you will usually pay more than in-network. If you don't have out-of-network coverage (e.g. you have an HMO), then you might be out of luck and have to pay full price or negotiate with the hospital/provider yourself.

Latest posts

Back