I made it!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the plus side, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror during my morning walk, and to be honest, I looked rather fetching. By that I mean relative to other 48-year-old women who've had heart surgery the day before. By that I mean that my hair looked fabulous.

LOL!!!! Okay - you beat me by a mile on that one!!!!:)

Congrats on making it home, getting cozy, and looking fab!!!!

GREAT post, keep up the excellent work - I wish you a very smooth recovery!!!!

Sott -- funny you should mention the massage therapist, because today my awesome husband hired one to come to our house as a welcome home gift, and it was fabulous. I hadn't felt that relaxed since they turned on the happy meds before wheeling me into the OR. I'm going to do it again on Saturday, in her office not far from here (less expensive that way plus awesome husband can drive me). I highly recommend it, if it's feasible. Those shoulder muscles are just seriously rude.

So true about the massage! There was a physiotherapist office on my many-times-daily walk so I dragged my sorry carcass in there looking all pitiful and she made space in her schedule for me. Then she said to lie face-down on the table . . . . But when we sorted that out I was in heaven. Can't recommend massage highly enough, we don't need to suffer from sore shoulders and necks!

Back