I hate Noreasters!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought 7" was the pits. I really feel for you Gisele. I saw that stuff on the weather channel. Maybe we all should focus on getting dump trucks with plows and salt spreaders for our next vehicles. ;)

I have a meeting in Long Island Wednesday morning and this "Okie" isn't looking forward to seeing any white stuff yet, Christmas season or not! ( with apologies to Bing Crosby...)

Hi All

Well, the snow has stopped here, we're all shoveled/plowed/dug out, the birds are fed and the dogs have been out romping around all morning, so they're ready for an afternoon nap---actually, I think we're ALL ready for an afternoon nap.

Mams, I don't let Tyce touch that shovel!!! If he wants to brush off the cars etc, that's fine, but NO SHOVELING FOR HIM!! I do the bulk of the shoveling of the deck, walkway, etc., and then if the snow isn't too heavy and the plow will handle it, Tyce rides---er, plays---on the tractor and pushes the rest around. This snow, however, is quite heavy, so we had a neighbor plow us out and will gladly pay the bill.

I just spoke with my friend in Maine and she said they're expecting 2 feet of snow. We got about 15 inches in eastern long island, but up west they got about 20-23.......looks like the East End was spared again! The worst part isn't the snow, but the wind....brrrrr.

Virginia is beginning to look betterer and betterer!!!

Stay warm.

Ev

Mamsram,

I shoveled snow a few times last winter, and my body didn't like it at all (I'm still in the waiting room). I'm buying a snow blower very shortly, and making sure my wife is comfortable with it, 'cause she'll likely be running it this winter (I'm likely to get an AVR date in February).

The Texan and the Southerner say every day "oh it's so good to be back in Dallas". Imagine how hard it would be for them to be in this mess for another year! It sounds so bad. I went through one blizzard in Baltimore and that has lasted me for all the rest of my years.

Latest posts

Back