Hawaii High

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

karen wallin

Aloha everyone,
I just wanted to tell you all that this VR.com member was at an all time high last night! I was at the top of Mauna Kea Volcano, the altitude was 13, 776 feet and except for a little lightheadedness it was a great feeling. It was a dream come true for me two ways, one that I always wanted to do this and two, that I was here to do it! I wish I could have taken you all with me. Good place for the next reunion! (LOL)

Hang Loose,
Karen:D

Good for you!
That sounds like a great adventure.

I always wanted to go there, since they have a huge array of telescopes and the viewing is supposed to be fantastic.

Kev

Hawaii

Hawaii

Hi Kevin,
The view was so awesome, but we only got to see the night sky through a telescope brought by our guide. The big observatory telescopes are only for the scientists and University students I believe and the viewing for those devices is at a base down in the towns below. There are actually 13 different observatories!
Karen

Sounds great Karen! Very cool! We did the Hawaii thing twice after surgery. Was something I really wanted to do, and had put off.

We plan to "hang loose" in Kona in the spring again. It's certainlly addicting.

Have fun!

Hawaii

Hawaii

What an adventure! Have a great time.......Gina, watch out for that Kona coffee, delicious but extremely potent!
fdeg

Back