Happy Birthday, Evelyn and all others

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Granbonny

Having Birthdays today...How was the dinner and show last night in NYC? I'm sure Ross will be along shortly with all the balloons and flowers. He just slept in late, today being a weekend.:D :DHappy Birthday. Bonnie

AS I STALK these two gorgeous southern belles, Bonnie and Ann,

LET ME also wish you a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

All the best

BILL

Birthdays! Why wasn't I informed?

saywhat.gif

happybirthday.gif

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU ALL FOR MY BIRTHDAY WISHES!!! The city was fun---typical NYC, crowds of people, lots of traffic, good food, great plays and entertainment, but tiring. We left here about 3, got to the city about 5:30 due to the traffic, and tried to get into our favorite restaurant, Carmine's, with no luck.....no reservations, and an hour and a half to two hour wait......NO THANKS!! Went to Carley-O's, had a great dinner and then set off to the Gershwin theater for the play. All of a sudden in the middle of NYC I hear very loudly, "EVELYN," turn around and it's a couple I taught with for 30 years who retired 2 years ago......only in NY, what fun.

The play was good, we walked around the city to walk off dinner and then headed out to find the parking garage where we parked at 5:30......are you all ready for this one???? From 5:30 when we parked, to 11:15 when we deparked, they charged..............$46.....only in NYC!!! That's why we only go in there once or twice a year!!! The next time we'll definitely take the train and do a matinee.

But, it was a great birthday, and we're going out to dinner out here tonight. Thank you all for all my well wishes, it has been a great birthday celebration, and the first one for this old, retired lady.

Ev

Hi Evelyn,

Happy birthday! It sounds like you had a great time last night in the city. Too bad you couldn't get into Carmine's, but that's usual for a Saturday night, and most other nights for that matter. Reservations are for parties of 6 or more.

My wife and I go into NYC about 4 times a year for dinner and a play. Sometimes we go in for lunch and a matinee performance with a group of retired folks on a bus trip, but usually we take a train and go on our own. Lately there have been some great buys available at the TKTS booth. We get good seats at half price for some excellent plays on the day we buy the tickets. BTW, what play did you see?

Enjoy your diner out tonight and celebrate your birthday again. I wish you many,many more celebrations in the coming years.

Ron K

happy birthday Evelyn!!!!!!!!!
happy birthday to you
happy birthday to you
happy birthday to EVELYN
Happy birthday to you!

I'm glad you had a good birthday, and here's to many many more! I'd like to have a cyber toast to you and Tyce! Have a wonderful day!
:D :D :D

Hi Guys....Thanks again for all the good wishes.

Ron, our next trip in will be in November 20, and we're going to the proverbial Radio City. We already have seats for the Christmas show. This time we will train it and walk around NYC for a bit....we'll definitely do Carmine's for lunch this time because we'll have lots of time. We saw OKLAHOMA---good, slurpy, some excellent voices, particularly the Jud Fry character, but the female lead was only mediocre---we've seen better out at Gateway theater near us on the island. We usually try to go in about 4 times a year, too. When are you guys going in again?

Thanks, Joy for the cyberspace toast---have a real one for me tonight. We're out to dinner with my cousin and his wife and my other cousin.....a local steak pub, so it should be relaxed and fun.

Well, it looks as though it's nap time. TTFN

Ev

Just had to add my wishes for a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! and many more to come. We have to start discussing a mini-east coast reunion. Glad you had a wonderful day!

Evelyn,

Did not realize it was your birthday. So even if I am late:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Evelyn and many many more.

Walter

Hi Nicole and Walter.....Thank you for my well wishes!!!! Yes, Nicole, we really should think about a mini-reunion. I'll email you privately after this weekend and we can try to come up with some places in NYC or NJ where we can go even for lunch or dinner.....what do you eastcoasters think of that one????? Personally, I would love to meet all of you guys and since you're so close, we really should just "do it!!" What do the rest of you east coasters think of this idea???? Let us know.

Ev

Happy Birthday Evelyn!!!
:D :D :D
I was wondering where in Long Island you live? My husband's uncle is a priest up in Long Island. His church is in Smithtown. Are you close to there?

Creed3

Hi Creed3

We're about 40 minutes east of Smithtown. What church is he in, St. Anthony's???? Actually, mileage is not that much, but traffic is, so it takes us about 40 minutes to get into the village of Smithtown.

Ev

Evelyn

Evelyn

Church of the Resurection is Uncle Dan's Church. He has been the priest there for years and years. Every time they try to move him, the parish keeps doing things to keep him there. They don't want to lose him. The church is a Byzantine Catholic Church but alot of Roman Catholics go there as well. He has a really big Labor Day Celebration every other year.

Take Care!
Creed3

Duck Creed

Duck Creed

Just heard the idiot sniper got another one in Virginia ..All of our valvers in Virginia..please be careful when you are out and about. Bonnie

Back