gallbladder surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Granbonny

My sister is going to doctor today to find out if she needs gallbladder surgery. She thinks it would be out patient in a day but I was wondering how long recovery. Has anyone had it done (not on coumadin,,know that would be longer)..I would want to be with her for a few days. Bonnie

Hi Bonny
My mom had gallbladder surgery but that was back about 18 years ago. I think she went in to the hospital and was off work a week. But, her colleague at work just had gallbladder surgery last year and I think she had it out-patient, but still took a week off of work.
-Mara

Had mine out one day stayed over night and was up and walking that morning unattended. It was done with the scope and was a breeze. The worst part of it was recovering from the anesthesia. That took a while. I don't remember any problems at all.

Now Joe's gallbladder surgery-----well, I won't even go there!! I'll just say he had his done in May, and he's still recovering from it. Major complications. Different doctor.

Last edited:
Hi Bonnie,
Haven't had my gb out YET.. but did just have my appendix out. It was done laprascopic and is usually a day surgery... they kept me over night because of heart/leukemia thing. The only thing that I couldn't do was lift anything heavy for about a week or two.

Take care,
Zazzy

I had my gallbladder out five years ago. It was done laproscopicly (sp?). I was kept a couple of days simply because they couldn't figure out what went wrong in my gall bladder and were afraid I'd thrown a blood clot (long before my coumadin days) from some atrial flutter I'd been experiencing. All I really remember is moving a little slower for a few days and not being able to wear pants, unless they were elastic waist. My tummy was a little swollen from the surgery and I couldn't button any of my pants. Plus, it would have probably hurt to try. I was in college at the time and hadn't yet started school, but I started classes a week later.

Niki

Back