Conversation with my doctor

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

Herb M

Today I asked my internist-cardiologist about home testing. or clinics using the "pin prick device" He was not enthusiastic because he thought the results were unreliable. When I told him about the good results reported on this forum and that Medicare is planning to fund home testing, he went to to an invasive cardiologist in the same facility for another opinion. He came back and said that the invasive cardiologist had such a device and I could drop by any morning to get tested without a wait. I have been having blood drawn for 14 years in this same facility. My medical insurance has paid for the entire cost and the drawing of blood has not been a problem, but there is always a long wait in the waiting room, and I sometimes do not get results for a couple of days. I guess I never would have found out about the in-house device if I did not bring up the question. I will give it a try next time I need a INR.

When I first heard about the "Coumadin Clinic" at my local hospital, I asked at the outpatient lab about it where I was once again filling a test tube, and they claimed to know nothing about it. I had to ask several people before I got an answer.

Our Coumadin Clinic is open only on Fridays, but it is so wonderful to only have a pinprick done, and in two minutes to know the results. We get an appointment set up, and I have waited only because I show up early for my appointment.

Back