Cold'nuff for ya?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Warm Here!

Warm Here!

Hi Everyone!

It was a balmy 65° today in the Mile-High City of Denver, CO! We've had a really weird winter. There have been a couple of snowstorms, but mostly we've had sunshine and warmth.

Take care! :cool:

Go Patriots

Go Patriots

It hit 66 in the Trenton area yesterday and it will be in the low 60's for the next 2 or 3 days. We've only had one light snow storm so far this year, which is fine with me.

Rob, I enjoyed the Patriots victory yesterday and I wish them well in the Super Bowl. Unfortunately, they won't be playing the Eagles. :mad:

My son lives in the NE Kingdom, as its called, in Vermont and says they have had relatively little snow so far this year. So far they only have about 20 inches or so, which is nothing for them. They are concerned about drought conditions next summer if there isn't enough water from the snow melt in the spring. It's been dry up there for a couple of years now.

I hope you find some good snow in Maine for your snow mobiling. We're heading up tho Vt. in a couple of weeks for a long weekend, but my activities are usually sledding, tobogganing and snow shoeing. (Of course sitting around the fire place and drinking a brew or two usually occupy a couple of hours too,) :D

Hi Rob,

I guess the majority of us had a nice weekend, weatherwise! This has been a great winter. :cool: This is my first winter, post surgery commuting to the Windy City everyday. I'm so glad it's been so mild. On a few of the colder days(10-20 degrees)I've had to really bundle up as the cold air did effect my breathing some.

Have fun in Maine Rob. I hope they do get some more snow or you'll just have to sit around the lodge and have a few brewskies!:D. Tee! Hee!

I just wanted to comment on what you told Ron. It is so true about the bond we all share on this forum, including the SO's. When we were in Nashville and I heard your wife tell your story from her viewpoint, I was truly touched and had tears in my eyes. At the point of us having surgery we're out like a light, but our loved ones are awake and waiting, and waiting, and waiting for our surgery to be over. At that point, it is a lot harder on them, especially if they're being told that there is a chance you won't make it.

I think that is what makes us all appeciate one day at a time, as we move forward in our lives.

Oh, Lorraine, you have said it so well. Appreciation of life seems to go hand in hand with heart surgery. We went to the edge and came right back to a whole new world of new thoughts, didn't we? And every single day is wonderful - the good AND the bad, because we are here. God bless

It was 28 degrees here Weds morning.
I walked my fox terrier for 30 minutes and came in with very cold cheeks!
Too dry also, now that i'm on coumadin, my nose gets so yukked with dried blood and fresh, how lovely, huh?
Hey, about that snow bowl, it was a fumble!
We was robbed!
Gail

Back