Christine Mayhew

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bob Gleason

Last week I had a visitor!!! That's right.........Christine.........She drove from Ct down to Nj to see me. We had dinner, shared a lot of "old times" talked about the early days of VR.com (including the occasional Martha-bashing) SHE ASKED FOR EVERYONE OF THE OLD GANG.......(we know who we are)

I cannot believe the courage of this young woman. 23 yrs old, four heart surgeries, amputated leg do to compartment sydrome during her last surgery......had a mechanical valve, now has a homograph..........She almost lost her other leg but the drs were able to save it. She now has a prosthesis and despite a loss of some sensation in her "good" leg she walks without a cane or crutch or anything. She tells me that about half her heart, at this time is "dead tissue" and she is in need of a transplant.

We had dinner in Princeton and she was my guest for the evening and made it make to CT safe and sound.

Words cannot express how I felt at our meeting and the time we spent together..........She once again wanted to thank everybody for the help and support we gave her, but to me she has become my closest heart buddy and friend.

Please mention Christine to the 'Big Guy" when you pray for those in need or support.......I'm sure we'll be hearing from Christine in the very near future as she settles in on the east
Coast.

Take all the ills and problems and hard times that we all have gone through and it will not compare to Christine's. She is one hell of a strong, enduring and lovely lady....and OUR FRIEND.

Thank you, thank you, Bob, for letting us know. I came in shortly after Christine had her surgery (she was still in hospital) and she was already in great trouble, so she won't know me, but I sure remember her. After all that she went through, it is amazing that she lives. Please let her know that I have so often thought of her - even wrote you to ask. She is a very courageous girl and certainly has my prayers.

This has been a lovely bolt from the blue. Ann

AWESOME!!

AWESOME!!

That is great to hear Bob! I am so glad that you got to meet her in person. I would like to do the same some day.

I will indeed pray for her and her health - As I do for you my friend.

This site has brought us all such great joy. For that I am greatful.

Our friend

Our friend

Thanks for updating us on Christine. I?ve thought about her often and wondered what happened to her. I?m sure it was good for both of you to meet each other. It sounds like she has a good attitude, that?s important.

Tell her to get on that laptop and say, ?hello? to her FRIENDS!!

Rain

RE: CHRISTINE

RE: CHRISTINE

Wow, what a story. Is Christine the friend we helped get a computer? If so, we are looking forward to her posts showing what courage, prayer, and good doctors can do.

Christine

Christine

I will relay to Christine all replies comments prayers concerns etc. for all who responded to this thread

Christine told me that her laptop was stolen from her when she went back to St Louis........she now uses a friend's computer for any correspondence and she said she would be trying to stay in touch. (Think I will do some shopping real soon)

She said she would be re-visiting me soon, so I will make sure to get her to pose for me and I will submit her pic to the board.

When we talk about climbing our mountain and getting on top or to the other side, I always think of Chistine and the "mountains" she has had to climb every day of her young life.

Christine

Christine

Bob,

I was so amazed and happy to hear Christine is doing so well and that you saw her. Is she on a transplant list? Please give her my very best and tell her I look forward to messaging her when she is back on line. Even though she has been out of touch, she has been in my thoughts.
fdeg

Please extend our greetings to Christina. We will NEVER forget the comments made by her ex regarding her health and how it was affecting HIS life. What a nasty comment!

God Bless!

John & Joann
Clicking in Western Ohio for nearly 31 years

Thanks for the news!

Thanks for the news!

Thanks for letting us know about Christina. I have thought of her often, sending prayers her way. I am so glad to hear she is doing so well. Thanks again.

Christine

Christine

I may have painted a much too rosey picture of Christine......She still, in my opinion, remains in very much trouble, but much better than she was several months ago.

She has told me that her ejection fraction remains critical, somewhere below 40 and had been recorded at 20.

Her heart is very weak and what I expressed was my amazement of how she is getting around owing to her weakened heart muscles, her legs, etc.

Her courage and perserverance is what shines through.

Christine.........By the way....

Christine.........By the way....

I have told her to get her little butt on the board here, as all her friends have been sending regards, prayers, concerns, etc.

I'm sure she will post a thread shortly

Bob - Thanks for the update on Christine. It is great that technology has done well for her. I hope she continues to get good support from above and gets even better. She really deserves better. I hope her youth can overcome her troubles.

Wonderful!

Wonderful!

It's so wonderful to hear of Christine! That is the second person tonight who goes way back that I have heard about positively--(the other being Steve of The Bum Ticker). What a wonderful meeting that must have been. Such a courageous individual. Thanks for sharing and she will also be in my prayers! Susan:D

Hi Bob,
Is she still with her Mom? How are her children doing? If she's had all these additional surgeries she must have been able to keep her insurance. Has she been able to stop smoking? I remember that was something she was not having any luck doing. The computer was stolen - speak about adding insult to injury. Give her my best - we will definitely have to pray for her.
Sharon

Back